uncertainty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncertainty

I'm applying for uni this year but am rather unsure about what I actually want to do
    Considering that this is a pharmacy forum...what's so great about pharmacy? convince me !

Re: uncertainty

9-5 job, good pay,. flexibility.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

With all due respect esong it is for you to convince yourself. We do not owe you any duty to convince you to do pharmacy. There are an abundance of threads here in which some have voiced concerns about the future and others, including myself have argued that the future is excellent for motivated and flexible individuals to prosper as pharmacists.

Go and read them and form your own opinion.

If you have any questions they can be addressed here but go and do your own homework and make your own decision.
      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Tony-
        There is no need to be so condescending and patronising, I was merely curious to see if anyone could give me any interesting aspects on the subject. I know it's not anyone's 'duty' to convince me but I was trying to be light hearted and friendly unlike some people seem to be.

Comment

Originally posted by esong View Post
          Tony-
          There is no need to be so condescending and patronising, I was merely curious to see if anyone could give me any interesting aspects on the subject. I know it's not anyone's 'duty' to convince me but I was trying to be light hearted and friendly unlike some people seem to be.
          Tony is one of our best posters who always talks a lot of sense. He is a very friendly chap too. Your question was poor and ambigouous to say the least so we have merely tried to provide you with an answer. It's up to you to make your mind up.

Comment

All I wanted to know was what some people thought were the best aspects of pharmacy! If that offends you then why bother wasting your time posting something just to put me down? I don't need to be lectured or judged by people who clearly think they're better then me.

Comment

esong, pull your finger out and get reading some of the other threads in this forum - they'll give you the answers you need instead of whinging because someone didn't instantly hand you the information on a silver platter! Try to use what keeps your ears apart. Tony wasn't being in the slightest bit offensive, he was trying to provide you with some good advice!
              “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

OK Esong we are off on the wrong foot. You posted in all innocence but we have had many debates about what the pros and cons of pharmacy are and really if the truth be told I can't be arsed to repeat myself yet again.

There is a lot of heated stuff on here and once you have digested it you will start forming your own opinions. At that point feel free to ask questions on spcific issues but the "convince me" statement begs the question ....."why?"

That over with please feel free to ask anything you like on a specific issue.

Why are you considering pharmacy anyway? Something must have drawn you to it.

Comment

"Why are you considering pharmacy anyway? Something must have drawn you to it"
                  i bet the hot dispensers/counter assistants lol

May i ask you to give me your opinion under my thread " Lloyds pre-reg", if you are arsed :P:P
                  cheers
                  [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

ok thanks Tony
                    sorry for all the hysteria but results are next thursday and am rather highly strung !
                    i guess i was drawn to pharmacy after being put off doing medicine (because its so over subscribed)- definitely want to do something science based but not really down the line of research, i also want flexibility so it would seem that pharmacy is the answer!
                    and just so you know i wasnt demanding anyone to help me when i said 'convince me'- it was just tongue in cheek. i have in fact been reading the other posts and understand that you dont want to be repeating yourselves.. but just wanted to check nothing like 'and you get a life time supply of chocolate' had been missed!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                      "Why are you considering pharmacy anyway? Something must have drawn you to it"
                      i bet the hot dispensers/counter assistants lol

May i ask you to give me your opinion under my thread " Lloyds pre-reg", if you are arsed :P:P
                      cheers
                      lol, why do you always quote messages by yourself haha

Comment

another med reject, wants to join the folds, well put it this way if you really want to do medicine and you have the desire and ability, you would get in.
                        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

That's a bit harsh Solly. The chap doesn't want to medicine and it is not for us to speculate as to why.

You really can be a pompous arse on occasion.

However, unfortunately it's part of your charm!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                            "

cheers

I have never worked for Loyds or Day Lewis. I have read the thread and there seems to be a lot of good advice on it for you, particularly Lazy Nite. What do you think I can add?

I may be wrong but I think pharmacies offering pre-reg places get a grant of around £17000 pa. If you are paid less than that...............?

My advice would be to do your pre-reg wherever you want but don't expect too much from it. You will spend the rest of your life becoming a pharmacist and the pre-reg year is a necessary evil. Get it out of the way then start to learn and grow.

Comment

Tony Schofield wrote:
                              That's a bit harsh Solly. The chap doesn't want to medicine and it is not for us to speculate as to why.

You really can be a pompous arse on occasion.

However, unfortunately it's part of your charm!!
                              tony, I dont think its harsh, read his post again, he says it himself he prefered medicine but doesnt think he will get in,

Carrot and stick Tony, to get somewhere it takes alot of it and most times the carrot comes AFTER the stick......

.....I'm just giving the guy an early start on the stick!!!!
                              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Working...
                              X