Clear All

• Azithromycin goes OTC!

Got announced today.

Good news, me thinks.

Re: Azithromycin goes OTC!

Originally posted by Raju View Post
    Got announced today.

Good news, me thinks.
    Switch on the radar for "secret shoppers".
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

don't we have to only supply through the note scheme already running with std clinics?

on a similar subject, has anyone heard if orlistat has got approval for pom to p switch yet? I know its been in the pipeline for a while now...
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

HC cream 1%=GSL

Xenical: not in uk, it was in australia i fink
        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

GSL? How many people with paper-thin skin from inappropriate use are we going to get now?
          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I've read somewhere (but can't remember where) that the retail price is going to be £20. It would be far better to get the PCT to commission a community pharmacy based chlamydia screening and treatment programme, with a PGD for azithromycin.My local PCT are just about to launch such a service. PCTs have tough targets to meet for screening the under 25's and not many are getting anywhere close.

Comment

aye steve that would be an excellent idea! It would be good if we could set up a drop-in testing service instore too (boots trialled something similar i think) allowing us to supply via a pgd for a +ve result (or possibly even via a 'minor' ailments service as it'll be GSL...)

Terry Pratchett

Comment

anyone got any ideas about how i'd go about drawing up a service spec for a chlamydia testing / azithromycin service? sounds like something worth waving under my lpc reps nose....

Terry Pratchett

Comment

contact the LPC secretary. Speak to someone in medicines management and someone in public health at the PCT. Discussing it here in detail someone else will steal your thunder
                  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G View Post
                    PCTs have tough targets to meet for screening the under 25's and not many are getting anywhere close.
                    Ah! So that's why I received that letter!

Comment

I thought the chlamydia testing service was already available across most PCTs, Worcestershire started one quite recently and ive seen in in many other PCTs aswell, anyway it wouldn't be that hard to secure as many such services are already in place, elsewhere.

£2o is too much, the target group 16-25 wouldnt really be willing to (or be responsible enough) to spend that much on something from which they cant see no benefit from.
                      We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Working...
                      X