Yesterdays blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterdays blog

1) Pts son came in and said 'why did you not phone?'. Apparently brought in script for coversyl plus late Friday and cptr rejected as discontinued. Locum of the day said that I would sort out Monday and 'phone. No message left and nothing in diary. I phoned supplier and of course, their is new Coversyl Arginine Plus. Phoned sgy to get their record amended. problem solved. Please do not drop the following pharmacist in it.

I realise that nothing could be done late Friday but clear note could have been left and I could have dealt with.

2) As Efcortelan priced at 75p and Hydrocortisone at £3.45, PCT advised Drs accordingly. Result efcortelan mcs very rapidly. Phoned new supplier, Chemidex, and told discontinued. Reminds me of incident at Roche where prices for minor products were left untouched for years. Suddenly we had a huge export order for Vit B co Strong and found that although costs of vit ingredients soared over the years, price of Becosym Forte not changed. Lost us a few thousand. and I wrote a prog that compared costs and prices and highlighted variations.

3) Lady came in and said husband had an attack of phlebitis, would some betnovate cream she had be OK. I could find nothing in the BNF and referred to Dr. Forgotten all about phlebitis and treatment, so perhaps someone can explain.

4) Another lady said husband in hospital with epilepsy and was being treated with a drug (Epilodean). Could I tell her anything about it?. Google etc knew nothing so probably spelling incorrect. Is there something new?
    johnep

Re: Yesterdays blog

Superficial Thrombophlebitis Phlebitis

Betnovate wouldn't have helped

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
      Superficial Thrombophlebitis Phlebitis

Betnovate wouldn't have helped
      Hirudoid gel /cream - could have helped
      Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

'As Efcortelan priced at 75p and Hydrocortisone at £3.45, PCT '
        we still get hydrocortisone prescribed in kent area, not efcortelan good money innit?
        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
        [/COLOR]

Comment

'Coversyl Arginine Plus'
          talking about this product, has it been re-classified to ' special container' few weeks ago?
          i dont know what but we are still dispensing the exact amount, maybe because the surgeries have not updated their profiles about prescribing it.
          [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            'As Efcortelan priced at 75p and Hydrocortisone at £3.45, PCT '
            we still get hydrocortisone prescribed in kent area, not efcortelan good money innit?
            Just found out today the whole of the Efcortelan range has been discontinued!!

Comment

"Just found out today the whole of the Efcortelan range has been discontinued!! "
              we stock loads of them, i did not hear it was discontinued! what do you mean? do you mean manufacturer can not supply? or your sales department is out of stock?
              just given loads of efcortelan 1% 30 g this week.
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Tried ordering from both Phoenix and Mawdsleys, came back as discontinued. Rang Glaxo, they said product has been transferred to a company called Chemidex. Rang them and they said the WHOLE Efcortelan range has been discontinued!

Comment

we usually get it from GSK, will double check with our telesales if there is any problem of obtaining it and let you know tom.
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X