EHC stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EHC stories

Lady with baby came in for EHC. Noticed had left question re last period blank. She said not had period for months as breast feeding. Not had this before, decided as only single dose would be OK for her peace of mind. What is the position and what should I have done?
    johnep

Re: EHC stories

Under our local PGD we would have had to refer to GP or Family Planning clinic, from what i remember about the training session the FP nurse basically said it was ok to give in just about every case we could think of,even if just for 'peace of mind'!

However we can't because of the PGD!
    Last edited by JonF; 4, August 2008, 07:26 PM. Reason: added something

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Lady with baby came in for EHC. Noticed had left question re last period blank. She said not had period for months as breast feeding. Not had this before, decided as only single dose would be OK for her peace of mind. What is the position and what should I have done?
      johnep
      Would have done exactly the same as you.

Assume your concern is in case she was already pregnant due to lack of period.

At the end of the day it is theoretically safe to take even if pregnant just:

a) pointless
      b)unlicensed for either script, sale or via most PGDs (not seen one that doesn't list pregnancy as exclusion criteria for supply yet)

I would check that she is unlikely to have already fallen pregnant and depending on the PGD I was working under, offer a pregnancy test pre & post supply.

Have had one turn up 24 days after giving birth but still on warfarin for clotting - first time I've been in that situation and theoretical risk etc so checked with maternity registrar on call at local hospital as it was a Saturday afternoon just to reassure myself.
      Titch

Comment

I was thinking the same as (a) and (b) above as given by Titch but didnt know how to put it, but regarding (a) if you do give her the EHC and she is pregnant, wouldnt that disuade her from seeking further help, to make sure she doesnt have an unwanted pregnancy!
        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Working...
        X