MDS stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDS stories

Today prepared a few trays. One had total of 14 tabs and caps in the breakfast compartment. Is this a record?

Re: MDS stories

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    Today prepared a few trays. One had total of 14 tabs and caps in the breakfast compartment. Is this a record?
    Sorry John: one of my regulars is 28 in the morning and 26 in the evening with 9 each linch and 13 each tea.

We have tried to reduce the quantities and that's the best we can manage.

They also come to the pharmacy every day to collect the relevant days insert.

B****y nightmare to check it - thankfully in MediMax so bigger slots

(sorry for advertising Admin!!)
    Titch

Comment

I visited a lady who was not using her mds tray.
      On investigation, she brought out a pile of tabs from an old plastic bread bag which she took her meds from.
      She thought the carefuly prepared tray was a reminder for when to take her meds from the bread bag.
      Another lady used to empty all the contents of the tray and put them in 7 sherry glasses, placed on her mantlepiece for each day of the week.
      Is this a communication problem?

Comment

"I visited a lady who was not using her mds tray"

i am just wondering who is responsible to organise such visits to double check if ppl are taking their medication properly?
        we had a phone call few weeks ago from one of the patient's Drs asking us to stop sending any trays for the remaining scripts as the patients has not beed taking any medication for the past 2 years. another patient's rang complaining that they ran out of medication, after investigation it seems them have been taking their medication horizentally from the tray.... we rang her Dr and arranged a check up for her..... bless her she is 98, and i am surprised she still can pinch the dosette :P
        [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
        [/COLOR]

Comment

worst is patients who like to "tinker" with they're MDS boxes.
          We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

I found out recently, one of our MDS patients (14 Items) spent her friday evenings popping out every compartment when she got home from picking it up and put all the pills in her own dosette box that she'd bought from the Pharmacy down the road.

Needless to say we no longer do an MDS for her.

Comment

Working...
            X