im really scared...memory and being a pharmacist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im really scared...memory and being a pharmacist

dear all. im a 3rd year pharmacy student who will be going into 4th year this october. i had to repeat my 3rd year for just a few units and had loads of free time with which i spent lots of just chilling. as a result of not having a normal university year i lost a lot of what its like to be a student and my study skills and memorising abilities were affected as well. i hope that once i go back to uni in october for my 4th year i'll be able to get back into the swing of things and pass my exams well. i just want to know has anyone gone through something similar and its obvious you need to keep your mind sharp to be a pharmacist, do any of you guys worry about your memorising abilities, just interested to know

Re: im really scared...memory and being a pharmacist

Yep, I was referred in Pharmaceutics in my second year at SOP. Immediately, my grant was cut off and my father and to find some money to pay for the course. Fortunately, I had already done my apprenticship and therefore took Ph.C exam at Christmas 1956, and passed. I was able to do some locums and help my parents meet my expenses. I attended pharmaceutics lectures etc and retook exam the next year and was able to go on to 3rd year. If I had not been living at home I would have dropped out. I spent the year working whenever I could and studying hard to ensure I passed.

In my third year I got a 2:1.
    johnep

Comment

don't worry meanie! It all comes back to you really easily - i repeated a semester due to a back op (hence having to wait a year for the semester to come back round again). If anything it'll strengthen your resolve to pass!
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

did you find it easy to get back to your studies once you returned to university cos i feel like i could have done so much more with my repeat year but sadly i just got lazy and dossed around most of the time, i think the laziness affected me mentally as well cos found it difficult to study and learn, its like i lost the essence of being a pharmacy student and the natural flair of coping with studies.

Comment

i found it was really easy to get back into the swing of things - like anyone, your memory gets better the more you use it! Once you're back up to speed that 'dossing' period may even have had a benefit - removing some of the mental burn-out you can get at uni, and allowing you to unconsciously process some of that information you absorbed in the previous years. Look at it as starting the final year with fresh eyes and a new approach!
          “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
          X