Robotic dispensers and telemedicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robotic dispensers and telemedicine

Do you think robotic dispensing machines will help reduce dispensing errors and possibly running costs .

Most locums find themselves working alone without dispensers sometimes, with only a poorly trained counter assistant , would robots help address this issue (obviously the robot would need to be loaded properly, be in good working order and come with instructions) but locums could probably get used to working with one (just like various PMR systems)
    Another advantage is that it would free up a lot of time etc

What do you think?

Then there's telemedicine...( this weeks' journal had a spread on that) ..could this be the way forward?
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Re: Robotic dispensers and telemedicine

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
    Do you think robotic dispensing machines will help reduce dispensing errors and possibly running costs .

Most locums find themselves working alone without dispensers sometimes, with only a poorly trained counter assistant , would robots help address this issue (obviously the robot would need to be loaded properly, be in good working order and come with instructions) but locums could probably get used to working with one (just like various PMR systems)
    Another advantage is that it would free up a lot of time etc

What do you think?

Then there's telemedicine...( this weeks' journal had a spread on that) ..could this be the way forward?
    Well, I've worked with a couple of robots, lol, no really, and I'm sure they could reduce dispensing errors after the rather steep learning curve had taken place during which I learned how to use them. Most are in very very busy pharmacies, which have good backup technicians in any event.

I think that making some use of the bar-coding would be an easier and much less costly way to improve accuracy.

Telemedicine. Well, MSN messenger doesn't look that clear to me. It cost about half a million pounds to put in their system, didn't it? I'd run around with the scripts for half that.
    ....just my opinion

Comment

Working...
    X