Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Pharmacies to work for..

Hi guys, its me again...

Ive been asking around and have been getting mixed reviews about the best and worst places to work in terms of multiples.

Who are the best places to work for from experience....

Re: Best Pharmacies to work for..

I get on well in Superdrug.
    johnep

Comment

Could someone tell me please what is the locuming hourly rate for a newly qualified pharmacist in community, and at hospitals.

Thanks.

Comment

No 'official' rate but would be wise to work in a quiet pharmacy or a very large one that has more than one pharmacist. BTC in Milton Keynes had three pharmacists during core hours. what you need is a mentor to ask when not sure. it would be grossly unfair for you to be dropped in the deep end of a busy but single handed pharmacy.

Standard rates currently are £20 - £25/hr. If you approach one of the large multiples, they usually have a few branches where you can get experience.

johnep

Comment

Thank you very much.
          (I used to get £20 per hour working as prereg on Sundays at my hospital.)

Comment

Rowlands were a nice bunch to work for. United Co-op were well-meaning but a bit disorganised - no experience of them since their big merger though so things could have changed for the better (or worse!).
            My current employer seems pretty nice, and the pharmacy side of things are really on-the-ball. Only thing is that the rest of the company seem to have a bit of trouble fathoming us and are therefore a bit fearful of us...that and the weird hours i keep now...
            Last edited by Sir_Dispensalot; 18, September 2008, 08:32 PM. Reason: lowering my profile! :D
            “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

I’m a big fan of Big Bad Boots…..

I think Boots the Chemist is really organised, with a good atmosphere…..I find smartscript east to use.

Lloyd’s pharmacy – is good too. Worked for them as a pre-reg for one month. I like the background music – I cud dance and dispense at the same time!

The Lloyds pharmacy song ‘Lloyds pharmacy live’…..played every 5 mins….woke me up every night….

I stay away from Independants.......
              Lazy Lady...
              [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

"I stay away from Independants"

why?? even that i may not be doing my pre-reg with an indepenant, but let's remind you that the pre-reg winning award was from day lewis pharmacy, check the CD winning awards for 2008, notice more came from independnt pharmacies. flexibility is within independant pharmcies ( at least they do not calculate it in the multiple mentality" get a pre-reg to replace a dispenser, goverment pays 16 000, which means 16 000 x 200 placement = total money save to the company".

i work with paydens pharmacy, i can say they are a very good company to work for.... we always have enough member of staff " unlike boots, who put summer students to cover for staff's holidays", the big boss is a very reasonable and respected person, as what locums usually describe him, and yes he is i met him last week when he popped to offer the current pre-reg a job...... you will be appreciated while working with indepandants as everyone have a chance to meet others, while for multiples i bet you guys only met the area manager :P
                [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                [/COLOR]

Comment

I’m giving you only MY opinion. I’ve only experienced working with one independent (not a chain independent)…….I also told you the reason (PM)

Thanks
                  Lazy Lady...
                  [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

"I also told you the reason (PM)"
                    hahaha now i understand, totally forgot about it :P :P :P
                    [COLOR=Olive]xxxx They tried to break my back, but i survived. whatever doesn't kill you, will only makes you stronger xxxx
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Some out there can be absolutely wonderful to work at - one i did helping a friend out down in Bath was lovely, and as lazy has said they can also be absolute nightmares!
                      Luck of the draw really...
                      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

oh let's add that they do not force MURs on pharmacists, unlike chains who keep ringing asking " how many items you dispensed today, how far are you from the 400 MUR target".....etc
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post

i work with paydens pharmacy, i can say they are a very good company to work for.... we always have enough member of staff " unlike boots, who put summer students to cover for staff's holidays", the big boss is a very reasonable and respected person, as what locums usually describe him, and yes he is i met him last week when he popped to offer the current pre-reg a job...... you will be appreciated while working with indepandants as everyone have a chance to meet others, while for multiples i bet you guys only met the area manager :P
                          I'll second that. I'm sure Mr Pay still has some staff working who were there when the company started in the 60's, which tells you something about him and the company.

Comment

Ray
                            Do you have a gender identity crisis?
                            How many ways do you know how to spell 'independant'? I think there's only one.
                            Sorry to be a pedant but have you heard of capital letters?

Comment

"paco
                              Active Member Join Date: Jun 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ray
                              Do you have a gender identity crisis?
                              How many ways do you know how to spell 'independant'? I think there's only one.
                              Sorry to be a pedant but have you heard of capital letters?
                              "

pardon me, but there is no need to put someone down.....
                              Englishis not my 1st language, i speak proper Arabic, Greek and English but i do not think there is an ultimate need to double check any spelling mistakes on this informal forum, is there?
                              what have you achieved from this "so productive" post?
                              i suggest you visit another country and see how "tolerant" people can be in terms of languages, for me i lived in a lot of places and i know that.
                              anyways thanks for pointing that out, now I'll make sure to spell "independent" properly
                              Last edited by Rafael; 14, December 2008, 02:11 AM.
                              [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X