Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you do?

Im in a quandry!

Im dispensing fludrocortisone 0.1mg tablets. They are a fridge line. The instructions say to keep lid tight to avoid exposure to moisture. As far as I can tell there is no device in the lid to absorb the moisture.

So Im not sure wether or not to leave in original container. Im wanting to put a clic lock on as its going to be kept in the fridge and I wouldnt like a child to have a chew on them.

I am going to put them in a brown bottle (out of the original container) with a clic lock.

Im ok doing this arent I. The wording on the P.I.L. is such that at first I thought keep in original contain but it just says keep lid on tight to prevent moisture getting in.

Any thoughts?

Re: what would you do?

I follow the basic rule that manufacturer knows best, so if the lid doesnt contain any absorbant "thingy", maybe it doesnt need it.

Also the the bottle is supposed to have a cotton plug, maybe that's all thats needed, in this case.

Put it this way, You change the bottle anything happens coz of that, YOU'R responsible, if you keep the same container and follow manufacturers guidlines on storage, THEY'RE responsible for anything that goes wrong.
    We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

i looked into this when they changed florinef storage to the fridge - the tablets are pretty stable if kept at low temps and protected from light - the clic-loc does a perfectly adequate job - however the shelf life might be shortened a little by changing container. It shouldn't be significant however.
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
        i looked into this when they changed florinef storage to the fridge - the tablets are pretty stable if kept at low temps and protected from light - the clic-loc does a perfectly adequate job - however the shelf life might be shortened a little by changing container. It shouldn't be significant however.

I best the best people to talk to are the manufacturers, they reckon it is very unstable at room temperature ( low) and wouldn't advice that it be dispensed
        Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
          I best the best people to talk to are the manufacturers, they reckon it is very unstable at room temperature ( low) and wouldn't advice that it be dispensed
          A couple of weeks ago in house data showed no deterioration if stored outside of a fridge for up to 28 days.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X