Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All for one and one for all?

Scenario:
    There is a dispute or conflict between a pharmacist and a non-pharmacist. You have known the pharmacist (only professionally) for a year or so, but you do not know the non-pharmacist. You enter the scene as a pharmacist and the pharmacist using his position/influence immediately takes you to the side and tells you 'his version' of the dispute.

In this case what would you do..

A: Support the pharmacist even he/she is wrong, simply because he/she is also a pharmacist like yourself.

B: Dont support either and keep out of it.

C: ask the non-pharmacist for his version of the dispute and then make your decision

Or if you would do something else, please state.
    ECDR.UK

Re: All for one and one for all?

I'll be fair
    Injustice stinks and unfortunately its rampant in this day and age ...a terrible virus which needs to be eradicated !
    Honesty and fairness is the best policy
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

I guess it all depends on what the ‘Dispute’ is.

I would just go with what’s right, regardless of the person being a pharmacist or a non-pharmacist.

I can understand it will be difficult, since the pharmacist is ur friend.
      It would be ‘fair’ if you listened to both sides…
      Lazy Lady...
      [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

Is this in professional context, or in the pub?..please elaborate fully..has something happened you are not sure about?
        Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

Originally posted by rafhelp View Post
          Scenario:
          There is a dispute or conflict between a pharmacist and a non-pharmacist. You have known the pharmacist (only professionally) for a year or so, but you do not know the non-pharmacist. You enter the scene as a pharmacist and the pharmacist using his position/influence immediately takes you to the side and tells you 'his version' of the dispute.

In this case what would you do..

A: Support the pharmacist even he/she is wrong, simply because he/she is also a pharmacist like yourself.

B: Dont support either and keep out of it.

C: ask the non-pharmacist for his version of the dispute and then make your decision

Or if you would do something else, please state.
          Depends on the environment - listen to both sides, and attempt an amicable resolution. But in a corporate environment - if push comes to shove - go with whoever was most valuable to the company.

Employee ACT or three week locum - no contest. It's the ACT.

Jeff

Comment

Correct! The ACT could assume control for the three weeks the shop is without locum cover.
            Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Wot happens if the pharmacist has done nothing wrong and the ACT is a bully!

Is it really fair to keep the ACT just bcoz he/she is an employee and the pharmacist is a locum?
              Lazy Lady...
              [IMG]http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set?.out=jpg&id=VgnFNpwK3hGyUXFqqJvo3g&size=l[/IMG]

Comment

I want to know what the dispute is. . .

I dont think its a matter of wether or not the person is a pharmacist or not, that shouldnt affect the way we make up our minds on issues. I know a few pharmacists who are knobs and have very strong oppinions and everything is black and white.

Come on tell us whats happend. . . .

Comment

[QUOTE=Lazy Nite;13165]Wot happens if the pharmacist has done nothing wrong and the ACT is a bully![quote]
                  Would depend on how easy it is to replace the locum pharmacists with another locum pharmacist cf how easy it is to fire an employee ACT and get replace them.

Is it really fair to keep the ACT just bcoz he/she is an employee and the pharmacist is a locum?
                  In a corporate climate what has fairness to do with anything?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Fleegle View Post
                    Correct! The ACT could assume control for the three weeks the shop is without locum cover.
                    I'm assuming that its easier and more cost effective to get another locum pharmacist than it is to replace an employee.

Jeff

Comment

Yeah..you're right there..just stickin' up for the locum!..Still suspect this could have have been a pharmacy pub brawl..We need more information...
                      Don't Stop Believing

Comment

looking at the original question, if I only know the pharmacist professionally I wouldnt feel obliged to take sides, I would give my own opinion on the matter to the pharmacist in question, and advise appropriately, I would also talk to the other side to get the full picture.

However, if the pharmacist was a friend then i might go about it differentally
                        We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Working...
                        X