Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PDA vs PHARMSOC (to be repackaged as new professional body)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDA vs PHARMSOC (to be repackaged as new professional body)

Are pharmacists interests better protected by the PDA or PharmSoc?
    Sounds like a silly question,but I am beginning to have serious doubts about the PharmSoc , particularly with the BOOTs guy at the helm.

Not too sure what his polices are.....would he share them and make them known , or is the pharmacy profession (community sector) going to slide slowly into the abyss..

I need to renew my mind, as I have been reading too many negative posts, just dissuaded my niece from enrolling for pharmacy -----because I think community pharmacys' future is doomed.....please someone tell me I'm wrong
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Re: PDA vs PHARMSOC (to be repackaged as new professional body)

Well what do you think? You saw the email about boots desire to be more influential externally in the last election. I cannot believe their pharmacists didn't resign out of principle but each to their own. If the president was an honest man, regardless of what he believed, he would have resigned on reading the letters of contempt in the pj. He hasn't resigned even though it is the members that elect. The council is corrupt as long as the president is part of the monopoly. I want him out.

PDA is only hope

Comment

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
      Are pharmacists interests better protected by the PDA or PharmSoc?
      Different organisations with different agendas.
      Pharmsoc is meant to represent the profession - not individuals
      PDA is meant to represent pharmacists as individuals - not necessarily the profession.

Jeff

Comment

I can't put it any better than Jeff just did.

Comment

Originally posted by Web Ferret View Post
          I can't put it any better than Jeff just did.
          RPSGB - can't think of a good reason to remain in dis-organisation.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

the frustrating thing with the society is that it is our fault as a collection of members that we let this crap go ahead. Members continue to moan, but don't act. There are 84% of 50,000 pharmacists who could quite easily turn on council and demand change or force resignations, but we don't act. The main problem , in my opinion, is the lack of contact that we are allowed with each other. Only a handful use this forum and locumvoice and numbers will never grow without advertisement. Not enough people read their pj and the pj actively edits and screens letters and opinions for legal reasons. Many pharmacists don't even know that we have a union now.
            I think the pharmacy-forum, locumvoice and the pj should amalgamate to form one forum under a recognisable name- maybe through pj, so that more pharmacists stumble across them. If the pj is the official journal of the society, how do they have the right to print what they see fit. The whole set up stinks of corruption as we are being actively stifled.

Comment

Originally posted by u2bawooly View Post
              The whole set up stinks of corruption as we are being actively stifled.
              could sir please enlighten us on the nature of this corruption
              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                Pharmsoc is meant to represent the profession - not individuals

Jeff
                Note the inclusion of 'meant' - doesn't mean they necessarily do it. This reminded me of a witty 'RPSGB Report Card' which was posted on one of the regular pharmacist's blogs:

http://www.rpsgb.org.uk/pdfs/pr070711.pdf

“I see the role of the RPSGB as providing leadership for the profession through a clear voice championing pharmacy to government, the healthcare sector and the public. We must also serve the profession by providing important and innovative services to support our members and by actively engaging with them as we develop over the coming years”.

REPORT CARD SUMMER TERM 2007

1) Clear voice: Vocal abilities way below average. GRADE: D-
                2) Championing pharmacy: Poor. Must try harder. GRADE: E
                3) Supporting/actively engaging with members: Rarely makes an effort, seems uninterested. GRADE:U

BEHAVIOUR: Often eloquent in making excuses, but rarely answers questions in class. Frequently bullies others. Will be separated from other troublemakers in the future.

15 July 2008 11:41

Comment

Working...
                X