Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETA for remote Supervision

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to find out an ETA when remote supervision will be introduced

Does anyone know or have a rough idea? The thought of remote supervision makes me feel a bit sick really!

Everything is so hush hush. I hope they dont spring it up on us by suprise!

Re: ETA for remote Supervision

i am glad we are starting to brainstorm about this. Responsible pharmacist consultation was started in Nov 2007 and finished by May 2008, remote supervision is due this autumn, so count 6 months on from when it starts. I must point out that there were 310 individual responses sent. We dont know what was in them, probably deliberate because we are weakest as individuals in dissarray. Nobody got a reply with reasons for ignorance. NPA, RPSGB etc gave responses basically disagreeing with proposals, but the most distressing thing is, the response by the only body that represents pharmacists alone - the PDA, disagreed with the entire proposals, but the proposals still went through. This means that the people in the DoH either a)Think they know better about the practice of pharmacy than pharmacists b)Don't give a shit about pharmacists - maybe they see us as weak as we are not a united front at present or c) know that the consultation is actually a hoax to let us and the public believe that we were consulted when in actual fact we weren't. There is no reason to suggest they will consider our opinions this time either. Was the splitting of the society carried out at this stage to deliberately disorientate us for the changes to happen? Bear in mind that the NHS is running at massive loss and all the pen pushers funded with the extra billions under labour can't actually make a financial return for Gordon. OOPS.

Here is a key point to our solution. The government have not yet said they are cutting remuneration funds (which is the end point of this scheme) so the only people to benefit are the multiples. Pharmacists will either lose their job, or take a job which will force 2 or 3 pharmacists out of a job. The solution is to point blank refuse to do it, which will mean influencing all pharmacists more than their employers. We need to shed this ostrich impression and embrace the attitude that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, or fast track medicine will see a huge rise n enrollment next year. Rack you brains as to how we can prevent this. I say involve the public and make this a general election vote loser for next years election. This is happening behind the public's back and they wont be too happy!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by supalocum View Post
      Hi Guys,

I have been trying to find out an ETA when remote supervision will be introduced

Does anyone know or have a rough idea? The thought of remote supervision makes me feel a bit sick really!

Everything is so hush hush. I hope they dont spring it up on us by suprise!
      As far as I know it has never been illegal.

Jeff

Comment

When you say remote supervision is due this Autumn, is that a trail or will it introdcuced all over the country?

I dont see how this is going to add value or be of any benefit except the greedy multiples.

Comment

the doh will release a document pdf file online entitled "remote supervision" It will be split into parts and will probably be around 84 pages long (a classic gov't tactic, too long to understand). We will be obliged to write out how much we abhor it and how we believe (or not) that politicians are corrupt imbeciles and dawn primarolo's degree in social science doesn't (necessarily) put her in a position to be Minister for Pharmacy, as whilst pharmacists are high flyers who studied pharmacy for 40 hours per week, she studied something else for 3 hours per week.

Anyway when we post the responses, somebody will collect them up and put them in the bin, just like last time. 6 months from the consultation, the DoH will say "Having consulted pharmacists, we have decided that we will do what we were going to do anyway, as pharmacists are a weak bunch of disorganised muppets, presided over by an autocrat salaried by the largest non-pharmacist owned multiple in britain. Although they will be right in a sense this doesn't mean there is nothing we can do. But our first step is to recruit every possible pharmacist to the PDA union, MOST IMPORTANTLY our brothers and sisters who have been tortured by Boots/Lloyds management for so long. They are key to scuppering this disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by supalocum View Post
            When you say remote supervision is due this Autumn, is that a trail or will it introdcuced all over the country?
            I think U2bawooly means that the consultation on Remote Supervision will start this autumn...
            It'll be another couple of years before anything changes, I suspect!
            Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by u2bawooly View Post
              the doh will release a document pdf file online entitled "remote supervision" It will be split into parts and will probably be around 84 pages long (a classic gov't tactic, too long to understand). We will be obliged to write out how much we abhor it and how we believe (or not) that politicians are corrupt imbeciles and dawn primarolo's degree in social science doesn't (necessarily) put her in a position to be Minister for Pharmacy, as whilst pharmacists are high flyers who studied pharmacy for 40 hours per week, she studied something else for 3 hours per week.

Anyway when we post the responses, somebody will collect them up and put them in the bin, just like last time. 6 months from the consultation, the DoH will say "Having consulted pharmacists, we have decided that we will do what we were going to do anyway, as pharmacists are a weak bunch of disorganised muppets, presided over by an autocrat salaried by the largest non-pharmacist owned multiple in britain. Although they will be right in a sense this doesn't mean there is nothing we can do. But our first step is to recruit every possible pharmacist to the PDA union, MOST IMPORTANTLY our brothers and sisters who have been tortured by Boots/Lloyds management for so long. They are key to scuppering this disaster.

For goodness sake U2bawooly, afford respect to those to whom it is due
              If Dawn wasn't good enough she wouldn't be a minister; Its not always about the degree anyway, Mr.High Flyer...and yes I am a p'cist , with a post graduate education, so in ur terms a high-flyeeerrrrr (not)

The goverment has already ruled that it'll be ONE responsible p'cist PER pharmacy although the p'cist can be absent for upto 2 hrs in 24 hrs , now that's the responsible p'cists' perrogative whether they would like to leave the premises or not and if you do, then you are free to supervise remotely by delegating some aspects of p'ceutical services to trained staff if you so wish.

I do agree that things are quite rotten at the top at the PharmSoc and the decay set in years ago, whilst members sat back in oblivion, now the rot has set in , some of us have started to sit up. I do believe the PharmSoc needs to be led by pharmacists, but not fat-cat ones on 6 figure salaries; I do believe in remote supervison but not for all aspects of p'ceutical services or medicine supply so long the p'cist is carrying the can for just ONE pharmacy as proposed.What's wrong in selling a bottle of oilatum or dressings or the like in the absence of a p'cist....WE need to get real

Its the clinical stuff that matters, clinical prescription interventions, OTC interventions , extended services that matter.
              TECHs /DISP cannot provide these services because they have not been trained to do so, but they can label ,select and check and sell a few OTCs whilst following robust protocols.

We do need to tread carefully as p'cists for OUR sakes as well as PATIENT SAFETY....(as some techs, see this weeks PJ,Mrs Gittins letters, believe they can do our jobs at a lesser rate and she doesn't quite feel content checking prescriptions b/c she has a NVQ level 4 in clinical pharmacy ..) My challenge to her is to sit the pre-reg registration exam
              We do need a united voice , echoing our quality for the sake of patient safety and of course ourselves!

Please ignore any typos , as I am not in the mood for editing
              Last edited by kemzero; 18, July 2008, 01:32 PM.
              Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

Working...
              X