Do you agree with remote supervision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you agree with remote supervision?

Just a thought - Everything I have read from pharmacists is against the idea so does any pharmacist around here agree with remote supervision and would be a responsible pharmacist?

Just answer a simple Yes or No and keep the comments for another thread - I don't want to turn this into a firefight (yet)

No.

Re: Do you agree with remote supervision?

Who gives a ferk whether any pharmacists agree with it? It's like saying, do you mind taking voluntary redundancy? I can't believe pharmacists have been so flippant and welcoming for this utter crap. What about all those students paying an absolute s**tload of money when we are effectively giving away their opportunities. This will only affect multiples - independants obviously can't utilise remote supervision. None-pharmacist-owned multiples are pissing all over this profession, greedy ba***rds. I am suspicious of any pharmacist who is less than aggressively opposed to this bullcrap idea, namely the council members and especially the newly elected, boots salaried president.

Beware that the billionaire owner of Alliance Boots (some Italian none-pharmacist fatcat) has decided not to draw out 771 million quid of profit this year as he wants to focus on growth. Maybe he will start throwing money at the failing independants in a bid to own every pharmacy in britain under some company name linked to his. Even after remote supervision, pharmacists are in control because the law says if they aint there, operations must cease. We need to use this to our advantage and get rid of multiples ASAP. Alliance Boots have the money, the presidency of RPSGB, patricia Hewitt to lobby and the opportunity to sack most of the pharmacists. We need to oust all none pharmacists now to ensure that the job security stays with the pharmacist.

Comment

Looks like this already turned into a firefight!

NO
      Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Comment

a big resounding NO! from me
        “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Will it affect salary, if so no!
          3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

Yes - depending on how it's implemented.

Jeff

Comment

Hell NO!!!!
              Band6 is a Band 6 no longer.. now 7/8a

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
                Will it affect salary, if so no!

Now Now shouldn't patient safety come before money

If its no because of £££, then I vote Yes, but No on compromised patient care
                Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Comment

it wont affect salary primarily, only the number of positions available so some will join the dole queue. As there will be far too many pharmacists tho, everyone will have to undercut each other (to take responsibility for the cock ups of 20 pharmacies) but bear in mind that those demanding £35 an hour such as myself will lose out to those 95 year olds and Polish exchange pharmacists who are happy collecting £17 per hour. So it will affect salary

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                    Yes - depending on how it's implemented.

Jeff
                    for me its No, but I can see some exceptions, eg giving out wrapped bags to patients, allowing sale of pharmacy only medicines, PGDs on the morning after pill and nicotine replacement therapy.

But if you are talking about allowing partly qualified technicians to prepare scripts - the norm at the moment - for remote checking it would definitely be a big NO. I would want decriminalisation of script errors, a system for defining "the responsible technician," hidef TV links and bar-code scanning of packs before I would even want to look at that.

Let the multiples do it. We all know what a disaster it will be. Then perhaps we will be listened to for once.
                    ....just my opinion

Comment

have you been smoking dope or wot (DavidS). Sell Pharmacy medicines? So wot about miconazole gel interaction with warfarin, Ibuprofen with Lithium, Aspirin in children, Diphenhydramine in benign prostate hyperplasia. Are these all just made up? Do you think a technician has any idea about human biology and pharmacology from an entry requirement of absolutely f**k all.
                      For frig sake why do we want to let the multples do anything. They aren't pharmacists and they are taking the profits that are rightfull ours. 84% of pharmacists (ie those that didnt vote) dont give a shit about the rape of the word pharmacy by some parasitic Italian t**t. PHARMACY is OUR word, profits from pharmacy are OURS. STOP SELLING MY ASS with your apathy. You lot deserve a bloody slap round the chops.
                      The corruption is right in front of your eyes. Its RIGHT THERE. Look at the president of our society, he is a cheese from boots. I dont want him there but he is. Holy s**t. What the f**k is wrong with you people.

Comment

Originally posted by u2bawooly View Post
                        have you been smoking dope or wot (DavidS). Sell Pharmacy medicines? So wot about miconazole gel interaction with warfarin, Ibuprofen with Lithium, Aspirin in children, Diphenhydramine in benign prostate hyperplasia. Are these all just made up? Do you think a technician has any idea about human biology and pharmacology from an entry requirement of absolutely f**k all.
                        For frig sake why do we want to let the multples do anything. They aren't pharmacists and they are taking the profits that are rightfull ours. 84% of pharmacists (ie those that didnt vote) dont give a shit about the rape of the word pharmacy by some parasitic Italian t**t. PHARMACY is OUR word, profits from pharmacy are OURS. STOP SELLING MY ASS with your apathy. You lot deserve a bloody slap round the chops.
                        The corruption is right in front of your eyes. Its RIGHT THERE. Look at the president of our society, he is a cheese from boots. I dont want him there but he is. Holy s**t. What the f**k is wrong with you people.
                        relax mate.
                        3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Comment

if i relax, you wont have a job when you qualify pal. I've made my fortune already. You won't get anywhere near the money if i relax. I am trying to secure YOUR future. The vast majority of pharmacists have been relaxed for a very long time which is why we are in this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by u2bawooly View Post
                            have you been smoking dope or wot (DavidS).
                            Well, no shortage of passion here!

Let's not lose sight of what I said.

I am against remote supervision as a blanket ruling.

I can envisage that I would be prepared to sell pharmacy medicines using remote supervision -- this is more or less what happens already, but at present I use primitive semaphore, backed up with conversation when an intervention is necessary. I think I would be prepared to chat to a customer on my videophone link. If I'm unsure, I can say no, can't I?

I can envisage allowing bags of drugs to be given out once checked (by me), and a similar phone call made when a chat to the customer is needed.

When I say "leave it to the multiples" I was reminded of an old saying "you can recognise the pioneers by the arrows sticking out of their chests." I have no wish to be a pioneer in such a risky activity as the routine remote supervision of dispensing! There is no evidence base which proves to me that such an activity is safe for patients, our main priority allegedly, so I don't expect our society (sorry, Society) to be agreeing to it without at the very least a significant trial (in which I, for one, won't want to partake).

I hope this makes you feel better! If not, I expect you'll tell me. [pot-smoking smiley not available].
                            ....just my opinion

Comment

I am very satisfied for you (as a pharmacist) to sell P meds if you are in a position to intervene. You are a pharmacist and I know that if I commented in any way about your procedure that I would not then be professional, so the semaphore doesnt concern me. If a pharmacist makes a mistake through negligence, I hope they get removed from our register as it reflects on the whole profession, but until then practice however you like, as the title of pharmacist has earnt you that right.
                              The fact that you would be happy to use video link is distressing to me as it means I could lose my job as one pharmacist swallows up vast volumes of prescriptions and consultations so thank you very much, unfortunately you arent the only pharmacist who is happy to see their brothers and sisters in unemployment. I am very happy with the high demand versus poor supply of pharmacists at the minute, why change it?

Comment

Working...
                              X