Serious questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious questions

With the 'responsible pharmacist' coming into place and may I ask when, is there a hitch on our job security. Also with remote supervision, is it likely in the future the job of the pharmacist will be undermined.

I also heard today that electronic prescriptions will be coming through so I am wondering how this may affect us.

Finally will the pay ever go up for us?

As a student I was hoping for some answers.
    3rd yr pharmacy student - bath

Re: Serious questions

All these new ideas promulgated by CCA etc to try to reduce shortage of pharmacists and hence pay. Pay is controlled by supply and demand. ie more pharmacists = lower pay.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      All these new ideas promulgated by CCA etc to try to reduce shortage of pharmacists and hence pay. Pay is controlled by supply and demand. ie more pharmacists = lower pay.
      johnep
      When exactly will these ideas be coming into play though, I read about them and this white paper bs every week but haven't seen it occuring anywhere yet.

Comment

This year, next year, sometime, never. Usual govnmt cock up.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          This year, next year, sometime, never. Usual govnmt cock up.
          johnep
          but what's this white paper crap about then?

Comment

Originally posted by giggsy View Post
            but what's this white paper crap about then?
            Its full of wonderful opportunities for... well someone.
            Why not have a read of it?
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

if we're lucky they'll keep on umming and arrring about it until they get too close to the general election - then the conservatives will get in and give us a whole new set of poorly thought out legal hoops to jump through...
              sigh

politics

“It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

But I thought all of this was already in place.

Comment

green paper = suggestion of a bill
                  white paper = main outline of a bill, debated in parliament and at committee stage until acceptable details agreed upon
                  bill = proposed change in law presented fully to parliament for debate and vote in commons. once passed in commons goes to lords for further debate and vote, then passed to queen for royal assent, signed & becomes an Act of parliament.

so in other words a white paper still has a long way before it becomes law and it could still (hopefully) fall through...
                  “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                  X