Disappearing posts and threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing posts and threads

Query..is anyone else having a problem with either their own post to a thread, or the full thread itself disappearing from the site?.. I am! What happened to the Methadone thread?
    Don't Stop Believing

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Re: Disappearing posts and threads

it's the wee forum beasties carrying off all our posts i reckon...

they'll be carrying off our wives next (oh joy!)

admin needs to re-set the beastie traps...
    “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

whilst on the subject of all things wonky on the forum, there doesnt seem to be an option on my user cp to allow me to upload my magnificent avatar
      how frustrating
      “It's not worth doing something unless you were doing something that someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing.”

Terry Pratchett

Comment

Bit of a bummer really.. Jeff and I were having a good old conversation. Ah well C'est la vie..Out of context, I have two fender strats, one of which is a 65 sunburst. It plays a lot smoother than a new SG. Fire in the sky! Avatars appear to only be allowed once you have "proved yourself"...don't hold your breath.
        Don't Stop Believing

Comment

i started 2 new threads and both have gone..

Comment

Correct Jimmy..I replied to one..(pharmacist/ non-pharmacist)..Is big sister watching us?? Can we only see what we're allowed to see?
            Don't Stop Believing

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Dispensalot View Post
              whilst on the subject of all things wonky on the forum, there doesnt seem to be an option on my user cp to allow me to upload my magnificent avatar
              how frustrating
              The avatar thing is explained on the site - you need to send it to me first for a virus check.

Sorry to sound so negative, but my friend owns the server this site is on and he's very cautious.

If you want one just send me it and I'll add it to your profile.

There are five people who can delete threads on this site. This is usually done if any adverts are present. If someone starts a thread with an advert in it, and several people reply with things like "get off this forum, stop advertising" or something like, I (or someone else) just deletes the whole thread. If it's the odd post then the post only is deleted.

Big sister - LOL - two women, three men actually.............

The only part you can't see is the private UK pharmacist section - at members requests. If you are a UK registered pharmacist you can join.

Anyone can have an avatar if they send it to me first - there are a few on the site as examples - search avatar

I don't pretend to be an expert in vBulletin. I started this site, fund it, and do my best to try to read every new post to be honest.

One other reason - if you duplicate the post on the forum. Some people seem to think that their post will get more attention if they post it 12 times - all that happens (hopefully) is 11 get deleted and the last one gets put in the correct section.

Are people joining not getting the welcome letter? If your e-mail server rejects posts from this site, I usually send it as a private message to people. If you've recently joined and haven't got it, please let me know and I'll correct the problem.

If anyone out there is an expert in vBulletin then please speak up !
              Last edited by admin; 29, June 2008, 07:08 PM. Reason: Added bits to the post.
              Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
              Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
              Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
              X