Needles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needles

Would you sell needles such as microfine to an appropriate person?

Re: Needles

Define appropriate? Do you mean like a diabetic?
    wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

Comment

Yes, they aren't P or POM. Sell them to any adult you like---same restrictions as razor blades. No difference between selling them and giving them for free on needle exchange schemes, apart from money in the till.

Comment

Originally posted by lamzee View Post
        No difference between selling them and giving them for free on needle exchange schemes, apart from money in the till.
        But if an addict walked in you wouldn't sell them would you?? Where I work we've sold them once whilst I was working - to a diabetic who'd run out. But other than that I wouldn't be happy selling them ...
        wake up and smell the 1,3,7-trimethyl-1H-purine-2,6(3H,7H)-dione

Comment

Yes I've sold them in loads of places in England and Wales. 3 quid for 10. At least they are using clean ones.

Comment

Originally posted by laurabuk View Post
            to a diabetic who'd run out. .
            Oh yes--likely story. How many diabetics use 1ml anyway? The few that still don't use pens generally prefer 0.5ml.

Or what about "It's to inject dye into my prawns for when I go salmon fishing"

Or "my ink cartridge has a block in it"

Comment

Originally posted by newby82 View Post
              Would you sell needles such as microfine to an appropriate person?
              Only if I had the means of accepting returned (used) needles.

Jeff

Comment

Syringes have many uses apart from injecting. I used a syringe to inject oil into the cables on my motorbike and lawn mower. Currently using to try to unclog a printer. If the person is responsible then I would sell from a split box, or the could comply with the needle exchange requirements and give us their DOB initials and post code etc.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  Syringes have many uses apart from injecting. I used a syringe to inject oil into the cables on my motorbike and lawn mower. Currently using to try to unclog a printer. If the person is responsible then I would sell from a split box, or the could comply with the needle exchange requirements and give us their DOB initials and post code etc.
                  johnep
                  Once used them to inject weedkiller into stems of plants, intraphloem!
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

no

Comment

Syringes generally for feeding baby birds that have fallen out of their nest and early weened kittens and puppies.
                      Large hypodermic needles for book binding (You push the needle through the pages then thread the binding thread through the needle).
                      [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

if you sell them you should be prapared to accept used ones back_ i think that was the guidance in the old days !. If you don't do an exchange scheme then its a signposting / intervention opportunity

Comment

Sorry to revive an old thread but I think it's ridiculous that certain people would only supply syringes to a "responsible" looking person! If it is an addict that is looking to purchase them then I think it's even more important that they get them or else they may go and use dirty needles that have already been used.

Whatever your opinions on drug addicts may be, they are still human beings and I'm pretty sure they could do without the added problems of possible exposure to Hep C and HIV and other nasties!

Comment

Needex schemes will always offer a 1ml or 2ml pack. A new client is asked for their dob and postcode. They should be told where to contact the local agency. Especially two ml users as they could be injecting into the neck or groin.
                            Johnep

Comment

Hi John,

As much as I appreciate your reply, I don't think it relates very much to what I posted myself.

What I am getting at is that others in this thread were saying that they would refuse the sale of syringes to somebody based on their reasons for purchase. Now I don't think that this is right or fair at all. Regardless of what their intended use is, they are not illegal to buy, sell or possess so why refuse the sale other than out of pure prejudice?!

I would like you to note also that I am not a drug user but if I was why should I or anyone else be refused the sale of syringes? After all they are given away for free on needle exchange programmes that I have been reading about, so why can they not be sold? Its plain putting people's lives at risk out of pure snobbery! For instance, if an addict can't get access to clean equipment they will more than likely use anything that they can get their hands on won't they? This equipment may be used and dirty and put them at risk of contracting a blood borne disease just because someone didn't want to sell it to them because they don't agree with their lifestyle choices.

Whether you agree with their way of life or not there is no reason in law to deny them the sale of syringes no matter what the purpose. Obviously if someone is asking to buy them it's because they cannot easily access an exchange programme! I'm sure it would be terribly embarrassing having to ask to buy syringes in the first place and then to be denied on top of that... I don't know.

Can someone give a reasonable answer as to why they would refuse to sell them? And I mean a real world answer with some common sense? From what I have read here from other posters the only reasons on offer so far are just plain awkwardness and refusal because they have the power to do so!

Comment

Working...
                              X