Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pharmacy Contract

Hello all,

I am looking for any advice you may offer, I am attending a 2nd interview For a well known "Pharmacy Manger" company & have been asked to give a presentation on new pharmacy contract.

I have spent hours getting facts ect, But wanted to get opinions from peeple who were directly affected by the change.

What are the main changes, what are your feelings on the change, & how has it effected uk Pharmacys in general?

As i mentioned any advice would be greatfully taken.

Clarke

Re: New Pharmacy Contract

Generally emphasis changing from dispensing to services. MURs are most visible example, but pharmacy was meant to offer new services to PCTs to compensate for reduction in dispensing fees, by and large this jsut hasn't happened. Pharmacists appear to be reluctant to offer such services and PCTs are reluctant to pay for them.
    johnep

Comment

- Thank you, - Is this new contract now 100% operational in the uk?

As I read that it was set up in 3 stages?

Clarke

Comment

Unfortunately, services not likely to br paid for by gonmt or public. Customer today wanted cholesterol and allergy test, but did not want to pay anything.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Clarke Kent View Post
          - Thank you, - Is this new contract now 100% operational in the uk?

As I read that it was set up in 3 stages?

Clarke
          My understanding is that it is now fully operational, just not working.
          ....just my opinion

Comment

There are rumblings in various places that the 'new contract' is a bit like 'The Emperors New Clothes'. Lots of words - just look at the PJ for example - and not a lot of substance.

Comment

And if the Polyclinics with inbuilt pharmacies become significantly numerous there will be a fair number of unemployed phamacists. To say nothing about the numbers of pharmacy graduates that will be appearing sooner or later. Category 'M' looks to be the sign of things to come.

Comment

Working...
              X