PMR systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMR systems

Hi, can someone please write brief guides on how to use each of the different PMR systems. This could really help locums, and if successful people could build on the guides making them more detailed and adding tips and tricks of using the systems.

You fight like a dairy farmer.
    How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

PMR Systems

Monkeyspawn

To ask for a manuel on every PMR system is a big ask! Can you narrow it down a bit? Which company do you work for?

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I'm not asking for a complete manual, just a few bullet points (10-15) for each one, which could then be built on by anyone. For example Pro-script

Patient search = Surname SPACE Forename
      Wild search (address/DOB) = /Address or DOB
      Add new patient = F1
      New item = ENTER then type in drug name
      Label codes = /eye, ear, nose, drop etc
      Pick item from PMR = Scroll to each item via cursor and press F6 to select
      Change dose of selected item = Scroll to item and press F4
      Change quantity of selected item = Scroll to item and press F5
      Create owing = Scroll to item and press F2 and enter quantity to dispense
      Amend number of labels to print = Scroll to item press F9
      Endorse rx = F8 then ENTER
      Create owing after rx endorsed = F6 on main screen and scroll to item and press F2
      Amend item (i.e. delete item, change dose, quantity etc) = Scroll to item and press ALT+R

That took me less than 10 mins and I think most of it's correct. People can correct any mistakes or add a few more bits and bobs and before you know it we'll have a manual for every system available on this site.

You fight like a dairy farmer.
      How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

Comment

PMR Systems

Monkeyspawn

OK I am working at Lloyds all week. I can't remember the name of their PMR, but I'll try to get the same kind of point list you put up.

The idea of having a list like this for us all to refer to is a great one, and I'll do my bit.

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
        Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Lloyds PMR

Merlin, is it?
          I wouldn't mind some tips, too!
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Merlin

Zoogite

Of course Merlin. I forgot!

ops:

Comment

Lloyd's PMR System

I made a few notes yesterday. Sorry if any of this is basic. I took a few notes on the bits I use.

Merlin System - Used by Lloyds

Main Screen

Once turned on and password inputted, the main screen appears.
              To find a patient: surname, fist name enter
              (The more letters you put in the more this is narrowed down. So if the name is common put a few more in.)
              Do arrow keys down to required patient and press enter.

Adding a New Patient

If the patient needs to be added, press F4 to go to new patient screen. Fill in the fields, but remember you need the date of birth and postcode to proceed.

Typing Drug Labels

Once in the patient part, if the drugs are repeats with the same instructions, just scroll down and select the same drug. Press enter so it comes up on the screen, and then either press enter or space (it says at the bottom of the screen which one produces a label and can be set by the store owner/manager to which they prefer). If the drug is new type in a few letters and press enter to bring up a list. If your drug is not there, it's mayne not commonly used and so "hidden" by the owner. In this case type in the first 3 letters and put a * after them, to bring up the full list.

If you need to type a label for something that is not listed on the computer, say an extemp produced product, you need to leave a space, type in your product, and add the warnings manually.

Ordering Drugs Whilst on Patient Screen

Whilst on the drug, to order a replacement packet just press +, if you want to remove a packet press -

If you press + and you get a bleep, the amount on order is full (again set by owner) or your order screen is not active - more about that later.

Splitting Labels etc

If you want to split the label, eg 100 tabs in packs of 28, do ALT S and 28,28,44 for example.

The alt key while on a drug name brings up a lot of options, all are listed. A useful one is ALT B - bag labelor ALT -R reprints label.

Patient Screen - Stock Level Changes

Also at this point if the drug stock level is wrong press F10 and put in the correct amount. Do this before you print the label, as it will deduct this quantity off the stock level.

Important if you make an error on the label and have printed it, do not delete it as this messes up your stock counts. Always ALT U to undo what you have done - keeps stock level correct. Then just re-do it.

Front Screen Options - When not on patient

At the front screen there are many features available to you, The ones I use are: -

F1 brings up the options at the top of the screen. Go right with arrow keys and enter to select. The useful ones are file/drugs. Go into this, press C to change drug, and input the drug. You can see the cost, and change the stock level here. Press F1 to save changes made. It also gives a yearly useage, so managers can see how many packs you use of this drug per year - useful for stocking levels.

F1 go to order. This brings up the list of recently sent orders, and your active orders - the one you are adding to at the moment. The order transmission time is set by the owner, and is sent usually twice a day, or maybe more. If the phone line is interrupted during this process you have to manually send the order.

Manually sending an Order

To do this move up/down to the active order (I usually put it on local, as against regional, but I don't think it matters as it sends both). Once on the active order press S for send and follow prompts. Once sent move to a blank line and press A - this sets your new active orders. If looking at the what's on the order (go to order with arrows, press enter) you can increase anything by again pressing + or reduce by - and F2 at this point sorts it alphabetically.

Owings From Patient Screen

If you don't have the full stock amount you can create an owing slip. It will automatically ask if you want to do an owing slip if the quantity set on the computer is less then you are trying to dispense labels for. Alternatively. once on patient/drug ALT O will enable you to set what you want to dispense. This is useful if you have an unusual amount of stock, lets say 37 tablets, and you have a script for 56. If you want to just give the patient 28 tablets and save the rest in case somebody else needs them, use the ALT O option.

Owing Screen

F1 and across to the owing screen. Just enter to select the owings to dispense. You can also use the Alt S (split label on this screen) and then just P to print out the selected owings.

Other Top F1 Options

Again at the first screen F1 to access the top options. Useful ones are system/alarm calls. Scroll down to an empty slot and enter an alarm (computer beeps). Useful ones are: -

Order to be sent in 5 mins
              Take fridge temp
              Locums - do not forget certificate

and any others useful to you.

Quick Tips

For quick access to order screens from main front page, F8 local order, F12 regional one.

When you have done all your labels for the script, press F9 to endorse. Go down each drug and press N next to each one. This gives a full endorsement. When finished press P and the script is endorsed (make sure it's in the endorsing printer first!).

From front screen F2 gives you a blank label to print on.

I hope this help! If any specific questions just post.

Comment

PMR Systems

Shall we move these into their own section on the front page of the forum ?

Comment

PMR systems "quick guides"

Just had our new PMR installed at luch-time today...
                  But this morning's 116 dispensed items have been lost in the changeover... Let's hope there wasn't anything crucial in that little pile!
                  This afternoon it took three of us 25 minutes and half a roll of labels to dispense 18 items with the new system; I daren't think what the order will look like-If it ever arrives!
                  Admin- your quick guide to Lloyd's system looks like it could be a bit of a life-saver: is there any way I can get it printed off? it's all still a bit of gobbledigook to me at the moment, though; maybe after a good night's sleep I'll find my rose-tinted spectacles again![sigh]

Comment

PMR

Zoggite

I e-mailed you a copy of my post. Any more questions just ask.

Comment

Re: PMR systems "quick guides"

Originally posted by Zoggite
                      Just had our new PMR installed at luch-time today...[sigh]
                      Ex Cohens?

Jeff

Comment

Re: Lloyds PMR

Merlin, is it?
                        I wouldn't mind some tips, too!
                        Merlin is the name of the 'back office system' that runs the tills.

The PMR is simple called PMR

Comment

JP

You are right. I always thought Merlin was the PMR.

Anyway my post now applies to Lloyds PMR system!

Comment

Jeff-
                            yes, ex-Cohens...
                            And of course, all you others, it's not Merlin, it's just PMR. Bur believe you me, it has been called a lot of other things today, none of them complimentary, I have to say! The only interruptions in the flow of expletives coming out of Dispensary were when we paused for fits of the Giggles and the necessary cuppas.No army marches on an empty stomach!
                            Come back Mediphase, all is forgiven!
                            So guess what tonight's bed-time read is: PMR user's Guide...[massive sigh]

Comment

Jeff-
                              yes, ex-Cohens...
                              Me too - the new PMR was meant to arrive last Thursday - so we had a couple of days turning out MAR sheets earrly while we still could. - Friday a letter arrived saying that the new installation date will be the 23rd. :roll:

I have to say that so far I've been pleasantly surprised at how supportive Lloyds are.

I become an employee pharmacist on April 3rd.

My wife still locums for Cohens though - they've just bought all the pharmacies closest to my home.

Regards

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X