Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experince of overseas qualified pharmacist in UK

Hi Everyone

Im a pharmacist but recently gone back to uni to do a phd. My topic is about overseas qualified pharmacist working in uk (EU and non EU)

I was wondering if any of you could share your experience with me regarding work in uk, OSPAP, your expectations, pre-reg placements, if you staying long term. Anything would help at this stage!!!!

Thanks
    sarah

Re: Experince of overseas qualified pharmacist in UK

Hi,

I am an overseas qualified pharmacist presently doing my pre-reg after completion of the OSPAP. I can share some of my views about the entire process.

1. I feel the course is very important as it brings us upto date with the UK clinical settings (even though my Indian degree is very indepth into the pharmacology and pharmaceutics there is still a gap in terms of national guidelines etc)

2. I consider Pharmacist as a profession is(will be) most rewarding

3. All my mates who did the OSPAP passed the course(except for one) and got pre-reg placements.

If you need any further help send me an email

Comment

well just got approved for getting admission in the OSPAP course. I was wondering if any one could guide me towards deciding as to which center is better for the course. I am in a fix btw Aston and Sunderland.

CAn any one please give me a suggestion on the matter!

Comment

hi usman i recently finished my ospap in sunderland uni and started my pre-reg too.i dont know much about aston but more or less the standard of teaching and experience is the same.ofcourse you will save money in fees and living costs in sunderland compared to aston as its near to birmingham and so more expensive.goodluck with your course.

Comment

We take placements in my pharmacy from the Sunderland Course. I have friends amongst the staff and have done a small amount of teaching on the course (I describe a "typical" day in the life of a proprietor pharmacist!). The students are always interesting and I believe they enjoy the course.

You can also watch premier league football at Sunderland, Middlesborough and Newcastle without having to listen to the Brummie accent!! (Joke!)
          http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

what about brighton ?!! is it more expensive than the others in terms of cost and etc ?!!

Comment

Working...
            X