Displacement Values--

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displacement Values--

Im struggling,,, Who invented them (Displacement values!!) and is there an idiots guide to working them out because any text i read confuses me even more....
    Could someone please explain to me how to work the following out-

Augmentin-SPC states
    a)if you add 10ml WFI (I dont even know what this stands for!!)to a 600mg vial the final volume will be 10.5ml
    b)if you add 20ml WFI to a 1.2g vial the final volume will be 20.9ml

what are the displacement values for Augmentin 600mg and 1.2g?
    Ok, well what i got from reading silly maths books which didnt make sence was that the displacement values would look like a)10.5ml/600mg and b)20.9ml/1200mg-- but im having great difficulty here, so these are probably wrong...

What will be the concentration of Augmentin if prepared according to the SPC for a)600mg and b)1.2g
    this i didnt really know how to approach, probably coz i have worked out the first part wrong, maybe because im confused!!! i worked it out as a %w/v both worked out at 5.7% -

If anyone could offer any enlightenment i will be eternally grateful,,,
    CALCULATIONS

Re: Displacement Values--

I suspect WFI stands for "Water For Injections"...
    Your calculations for concentrations seem right to me...
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Does this help?

http://www.nzhpa.org.nz/DispVal.pdf

Jeff

Comment

Thank you- im so blond, of course water for injection!!! DUH, send a community gal to hospital for two weeks and let her true colours shine!!! Thats fab guys thank you. X

Comment

Originally posted by lmcder View Post
          Thank you- im so blond, of course water for injection!!! DUH, send a community gal to hospital for two weeks and let her true colours shine!!! Thats fab guys thank you. X
          I once had a lab partner at Uni who got so confused during extraction and separation of an alkaloid from a plant sample that he diluted water with water. He wasn't blond though. Before anyone jumps on it - no we were not preparing homeopathic preps.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
          X