Help Required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Required.

Hi, have posted on here before, and got a good response. I am currently a third year student undertaking a dissertation in the use, benefits, concerns and implementation of the electronic prescription service.
    I am looking for Pharmacists or anyone affected by the EPS, willing to fill in a short questionnaire to aid me with my study. Just wondering if anyone on here would be willing to help me. If you are able to, i can send via email.
    I have to hand in my project next week, so any help would be massively helpful in helping improve my results and knowledge on the topic. Thanks.

Re: Help Required.

Questionnaire

I am currently a third year student at the University Of Wales Institute, Cardiff, undertaking my dissertation in researching the Use, implementation, benefits and concerns of the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS).
    I have prepared a short questionnaire in order to gather research on current opinions on the service from people working within the pharmaceutical and medical industry. If you have the time please complete the questionnaire, as it would be of great help and interest to me. Thank you very much for your time.

1. How would you best describe your current knowledge of the Electronic Prescription Service?

q No knowledge
    q Know basic facts
    q Good understanding
    q Extremely good understanding

Further Comments:

2. In your job to date, have you used the Electronic Prescription Service?

q Not been implemented in place of work yet
    q Have used Release 1 of the EPS
    q Have used a completed version of the EPS
    q Use a fully function version of the EPS on a daily basis

Further Comments:

3. If any, how would you best describe your experiences of using the Electronic Prescription Service?

q Not used it yet
    q Need more time to generate an opinion
    q Think in time will improve the prescription process
    q Extremely good system, which will greatly improve the prescription process.
    q Other (please fill in details below)

4. If you have used a fully functioning version of the Electronic Prescription Service, how would you rate its usability?
    q Not used
    q Light training required
    q Intense training required training to use properly
    q Very user friendly, little or no staff training required
    q Other (please specify)

5. If any, what do you see as being the major benefits/improvements that the EPS will bring to the prescription service and pharmaceutical industry as a whole? Please fill in the box below.

6. If any, what problems/concerns do you have with the EPS? i.e. security issues, technical problems etc..

7. In conclusion, in your opinion how successful do you think the EPS is/will be in improving the prescription service as a whole?

q Unsuccessful
    q Undecided
    q Will slightly improve the service
    q Will greatly improve the service

Please if possible could you give a brief reason as to your choice above:

Thank you very much for completing this questionnaire. If you wish, please fill in your name, and job title below, but if you prefer to remain anonymous please leave blank.

Name: __________________________________________________ __

Job Title: __________________________________________________

Place of work :_______________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by will_davies View Post
      I have to hand in my project next week,
      You should have started earlier!

Have no exp of ETP so can answer as follows: Q 1 - 4 : First option. Q7 : Second option.

Comment

1. How would you best describe your current knowledge of the Electronic Prescription Service?

Further Comments:
        I have extensive experience of trying to get this to actually work using Pharmacy Manager and Link Evolution

Further Comments:
        System is too slow for 400+ a day dispensing items. It increases the time taken to produce each label. The NHS net is too slow. Lots of issues at the GP end, The common drug database needs sorting out to prevent mismatches.

3. If any, how would you best describe your experiences of using the Electronic Prescription Service?
        This will take years - we are a long way off.

4. If you have used a fully functioning version of the Electronic Prescription Service, how would you rate its usability?

This is because it changes the whole dispensing, checking and giving out systenms - no scripts remember!

5. If any, what do you see as being the major benefits/improvements that the EPS will bring to the prescription service and pharmaceutical industry as a whole? Please fill in the box below.

Increase service for patients - they will not have to wait for their prescriptions. Owings reduced.
        2 way communication with GPs will allow us to return incorrect scripts without having to send the patient back

6. If any, what problems/concerns do you have with the EPS? i.e. security issues, technical problems etc..
        NHS net has not been tested with 1,000,000 scripts a day
        If the power goes off, phone lines go down there is no backup - Cannot write labels as have no scripts to look at - Patients wil be left without
        It has not been addressed how a pharmacy can dispense with no scripts - How will these items be dispensed and checked - You either need lots of terminals or to print (then shred) each script.
        Our N3 connection went down for three days - I found out that this is "within specification" for the telecommunications companies to fix a N3 fault! BTs contract with N3 states a response time of 48 hours to acknowledge (not fix) a fault!

7. In conclusion, in your opinion how successful do you think the EPS is/will be in improving the prescription service as a whole?

Thank you very much for completing this questionnaire. If you wish, please fill in your name, and job title below, but if you prefer to remain anonymous please leave blank.

Name: _____Web Ferret____________________ __

Job Title: ____Locum_____________________________

Place of work :_______________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by will_davies View Post
          Questionnaire

I am currently a third year student at the University Of Wales Institute, Cardiff, undertaking my dissertation in researching the Use, implementation, benefits and concerns of the Electronic Prescription Service (EPS).
          I have prepared a short questionnaire in order to gather research on current opinions on the service from people working within the pharmaceutical and medical industry. If you have the time please complete the questionnaire, as it would be of great help and interest to me. Thank you very much for your time.

q No knowledge
          q Know basic facts
          q Good understanding

Further Comments:
          Never used it in anger - just as a toy to if it was working

q Not been implemented in place of work yet
          q Have used a completed version of the EPS
          q Use a fully function version of the EPS on a daily basis

Further Comments:

q Not used it yet
          q Need more time to generate an opinion
          q Extremely good system, which will greatly improve the prescription process.
          q Other (please fill in details below)

q Not used
          q Light training required
          q Very user friendly, little or no staff training required
          q Other (please specify)

Efficiency gains by implementing a hub and spoke model of dispensing

I can imaging some of the bigger players in the pharmaceutical industry wanting their own hubs.

The amount of personal data held by the larger hubs in the hub and spoke model.

q Unsuccessful
          q Undecided
          q Will slightly improve the service

Mainly it has the potential to change the service - I'm not yet certain how the service will evolve.

Name: ______ Jeff Green __________________________________________

Job Title: __ Locum Pharmacist ____________________________________

Place of work :_Community Pharmacy - and it varies _
          Good luck with your dissertation

Jeff

Comment

Thanks mate, gonna need it i think. Left it all bit last minute, oops. Thanks for your help web ferret!

Comment

Working...
            X