bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bands

hi I dont know if this is the wright place for the thread, sorry if it is.

What I would like to know is how you move bands to a higher band is it through promotion or further education such as short courses.

whats the highest possible band in community and wht is its pay

many thanks

Student

Re: bands

No bands or career progression in community pharmacy. salary generally dependent on supply and demand. Hospital, Industry, and NHS have bands but lower starting salaries.
    johnep

Comment

there is very limited career progression to field manager status. i.e cluster manager, area manager or regional manager, but these are few and far between and most of these people don't last very long. they come and go every year or two. obviously disillusioned with over work and underpayment and harassed with targets and figures from line management above.

Comment

Originally posted by narav View Post
        there is very limited career progression to field manager status. i.e cluster manager, area manager or regional manager, but these are few and far between and most of these people don't last very long. they come and go every year or two. obviously disillusioned with over work and underpayment and harassed with targets and figures from line management above.
        Some people see this as a way to escape the dispensary bench, but it is just replacing one stressful situation with another. On top of that you can become a 'back stop' relief manager and still have to do all the target stuff as well, so your escape is short lived.

These people also get very upset when life does not work like one of their spreadsheets.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

true, they escape for a year or two, but i know several who have come back down to branch level.apparently less stressful than running around trying to achieve all those unachievable targets. only the non pharmacists area managers seem to stick around.

Comment

what about hospital how long would it take to move up and at what band do yuo start.

How does making your way up in hospital work

Comment

quickly, newly qualified pharmacists qualify at band 6, and to move to band 7 normally requires a clinical diploma which is paid for by your hospital but takes 2-3 years. although some hospitals offer band 7 to newly qualified with increased workload e.g. resident on call duties etc... and a position only becomes available when someone moves out of the job.

band 6 starts at jus above £23,000 and band 7 starts at just above £28,000 per annum
              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by narav View Post
                true, they escape for a year or two, but i know several who have come back down to branch level.apparently less stressful than running around trying to achieve all those unachievable targets. only the non pharmacists area managers seem to stick around.
                Out of interest, do the non pharmacist managers get paid more than most branch managers of the chains?

Comment

No and this causes resentment. In the old days the pharmacist was always the manager of the store. As healthcare counter and dispensary split away from rest of store as per the supermarkets, then non pharmacist managers were brought in to run the non pharmacy part of the store. For operational reasons, they now mostly have jurisdiction over pharmacy as well.
                  johnep

Comment

Working...
                  X