X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General "Why Questions?"

Some more "Why" Questions.

1. Mirapexin/Pramipexole.
    Why have two ways of expressing the strength of this preparation?
    I know one is base and another salt/ester but can't we stick to one or the other as a convention?

2. Dexamethasone 0.1% Eye Drops
    Maxidex is often prescribed generically as Dexamethasone 0.1%/Hypromellose 0.5% Eye Drops. It is written as this in the BNF.
    The DM+D quotes it as just being Dexamethasone 0.1% Eye Drops as the Hypromellose is listed in the Excipients section of the SPC. I give up on this one.

3. Tablets in Capsules.
    Heard that some Omeprazole capsules have tablets inside them.
    What is inside the tablet - a little capsule?
    Does this continue down to the microscopic level?
    How far can this go - to the quantum level?
    How clever of the manufacturers is that!
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Re: General "Why Questions?"

Why don't GP generated generics have the same names as the generics listed on our pharmacy systems?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Why don't GP generated generics have the same names as the generics listed on our pharmacy systems?
      Ask Reckitt Benckiser:
      Reckitt accused of hindering competition
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Jeff
        Up until now, there is no standardisation, other than follow the SPC and BNF.
        The DM+D (dictionary of medicines and devices - see PPA/PPD website) is being phased in under EPS so we should be reasonably standardised. Or our successors will be.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Usual 60-70 scripts back from PPA among them Clenil and Seretide. I 'phoned to find out what was going on and was told that if the slightest difference beyween their data base and what was on the script, would be rejected by scanning cptr.

Apparently Clenil was in their database as just Clenil whereas the script said cfc free. So rejected. Did say that they are gradually improving the parsing, and to be fair, many of rejected scripts were incorrectly endorsed. All PMR, ordering and Drs systems should use same descriptions. Lots of dressing and bandage scripts returned when common sense would say is tubifast etc.
          sadly common sense sadly lacking these days of strict SOP culture.

I dread EPS.
          johnep

Comment

have problem with incorrect details on scripts too and not picking up on ctrp system. friend is creating a global shares system that would make things more uniform and easier.

i think there would there be great interest for a global system that shares eod information.

logistically going global would create its own problems but we need someway to share.

EOD, Sally

Comment

Sorry--What does eod mean?????

Comment

Originally posted by Sally Wong View Post
                have problem with incorrect details on scripts too and not picking up on ctrp system. friend is creating a global shares system that would make things more uniform and easier.

i think there would there be great interest for a global system that shares eod information.

logistically going global would create its own problems but we need someway to share.

EOD, Sally
                For a truly global system it means that the British will have to drop BAN's and the Americans USAN's and everybody adopt INNr ....
                Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
                (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Originally posted by lamzee View Post
                  Sorry--What does eod mean?????
                  End Of Discussion - I presume.

possibly coming from programmers EOF (End Of File)

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X