Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are there short courses for pharmacist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are there short courses for pharmacist...

hi, my name is chiemelie umeh.though u can call me chie'.i m from nigeria and i am a pharmacist.i ve been looking for a forum like this where i can meet other pharmacists and ask questions.i came into the UK 2 months ago and i am still in the process of registering with the RPSGB so that i can go for the overseas parmacist assessment programme.but while i m still on it i would love to know if anyone knows about any short courses for pharmacists that i can take.

Re: are there short courses for pharmacist...

Originally posted by chiemelie View Post
    hi, my name is chiemelie umeh.though u can call me chie'.i m from nigeria and i am a pharmacist.i ve been looking for a forum like this where i can meet other pharmacists and ask questions.i came into the UK 2 months ago and i am still in the process of registering with the RPSGB so that i can go for the overseas parmacist assessment programme.but while i m still on it i would love to know if anyone knows about any short courses for pharmacists that i can take.
    The OSPAP is very comprehensive, if you choose a northern university you will probably get more education,books and catch up than you want. As it is full time I don't think that you would want to study anything else on the side.

Good luck,
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
    (T. Pratchett)

Comment

thanks paul for replying.i ve not yet started on the OSPAPyet.it ll start in september so i m looking for any relevant short course to attent to increase my knowledge and oppurtunities while i wait for september. any ideas?

Comment

Hi Chiemelie

If you just started applying to OSPAP this year and manage to secure a place for OSPAP, that's pretty quick I'd say! Which uni are you intending to go? I am still contemplating if I should start this year or next year...and which uni to join...

Comment

Hi chiemelie,

I am also a Pharmacist from India, now I am working in Malaysia. I like to do OSPAP, before doing that I want to know about the oppurtunity for Pharmacist in UK, Pay and cost of living. Since you are in UK could you please help me?

With regards,

Shahul

Comment

Hi

For all people want to get detail information on OSPAP

. Write IELTS and obtain a score of minimum 7 in all and an overall score of 7 or more
            2. Apply for recognition of your degree to the Royal Pharmaceutical society of GB.. follow this link for full details
            Rpsgb.org: Registration from other countries

3. You need to do a one year full time conversion course (Costs abt £7000-8000)

Then you do a year training as pre-registration pharmacist (with pay abt £ 16,000.00 - 18,000.00 year), which I am doing now.

Then write the registration exam and you become a registered pharmacist. And the scope at present is good.

As regard to any short course my adivce is as follows
            currently there is no such short course and if you find any it will be waste of money. I will suggest that you visit the RPSGB web site and read some interesting informations(there are plenty), read NICE guidelines etc

Comment

Hi Niran,

Could you please give me your email ID?

With regards,

Shahul

Comment

Working...
              X