Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pharmacists on TV

hi guys,

just seem to be mesmerised that pharmacists are oft never mentioned in programs such as sitcoms, and the profession is not even mentioned in programs that are healthcare related e.g. one I really like is Scrubs and also seen "doctors" in my uni days where the doctors seem to have whole days to deal with just one patient, atleast in this one they should be appearance of a pharmacist a few times but ive never seen it.

Can anyone think of TV programs with mentions or apearances of a pharmacist character please..

one I can remember is in desparate housewifes, where "Bree" a female character whos husband is a doctor i think, when they fall out, she starts to date a pharmacist, who later tries to ill her husband by changing his medication, is all publicity good publicity?
    We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Re: pharmacists on TV

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
    hi guys,

just seem to be mesmerised that pharmacists are oft never mentioned in programs such as sitcoms, and the profession is not even mentioned in programs that are healthcare related e.g. one I really like is Scrubs and also seen "doctors" in my uni days where the doctors seem to have whole days to deal with just one patient, atleast in this one they should be appearance of a pharmacist a few times but ive never seen it.

Can anyone think of TV programs with mentions or apearances of a pharmacist character please..

one I can remember is in desparate housewifes, where "Bree" a female character whos husband is a doctor i think, when they fall out, she starts to date a pharmacist, who later tries to ill her husband by changing his medication, is all publicity good publicity?
    Desperate Housewifes comes to mind as well. In the U.S., often times you see pharmacy mentioned in a negative light when something bad happens. Very rarely do you see the positive. Believe it or not, our organization is in a phase where our pharmacy services are publishing a great deal of info in major journals. So we have staff that get asked to do interviews by the media and even have a "media coach" to coach those interested in doing interviews. Great publicity for us....and positive for the profession as a whole.

Comment

Mr Hunnybun also asked this question

Here is the link to his blog post :
      .A day at the pharmacy.: Famous pharmacists
      Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
      (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Originally posted by paul2008 View Post
        My favourite was the American short story writer O Henry.

But in films just see my signature.

Jeff

Comment

Casualty did actually have pharmacist in for 2 episodes a few series ago. Think they even had a couple of lines!!!
          Episode a week or so ago had 2 of the cast walking up to the pharmacy hatch. Not great publicity but getting better!

ER mentioned pharmacists twice to my knowledge but haven't seen every episode.

Do think we could do with some publicity but judging from lots of the medical dramas it would be very detached from reality so doubt it would improve our public profile in the long run.
          Titch

Comment

Armstrong and Millar did a couple of jokes a while back.

IIRC, Grace Under Fire had a pharmacist as her boyfriend (or her friends? He was regular, anyway)
            Employed again... paid holidays! Yipee

Comment

So how would you make it exciting enough without bodging it up.
              Peak Practice tried it and made us all look like crooks.
              47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
              2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Did see an american film re submarines in the pacific where the first aider was referred to as the pharmacist mate.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  Did see an american film re submarines in the pacific where the first aider was referred to as the pharmacist mate.
                  johnep
                  First or Second Class?
                  47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                  2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                  How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Too long ago to remember but definitely second class..
                    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Defblade View Post
                      Armstrong and Millar did a couple of jokes a while back.

IIRC, Grace Under Fire had a pharmacist as her boyfriend (or her friends? He was regular, anyway)
                      Monty Python - Chemist sketch

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X