Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it matter where you do your pre-reg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it matter where you do your pre-reg?

Im a 3rd year pharmacy student who has just started applying for pre-reg places. Theres an independent pharmacy near my house in which i've worked in before. I got along very well with the pharmacist and he offered me a pre-reg place there and to tutor me. The pharmacy is within walking distance and the pharmacist is very professional and knowledged. Do you think it matters if you do your pre-reg in an independent compared to bigger companies like Boots and LLoylds? do they train you better to pass the exam in the bigger companies?

Re: Does it matter where you do your pre-reg?

I would go for the independent without any hesitation. He/she will give you proper support, one-to-one tutorship, and motivation- all of which are greatly lacking in the larger companies...
    One thing is for sure: where you do your pre-reg makes no difference whatsoever to your future "employability". No-one asks where you qualified from, or what grades you got, as long as you are registered!
    Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

thanks for the advice is passing the exam more dependent on your own self directed learning as opposed to where you do the pre-reg?

Comment

No hesitation, go where you are already known. Just ensure cover all required elements, calculations etc.
        johnep

Comment

sounds like the independent you describe is what you need to go for, especially if its a professional outfit.i did my pre-reg in independent pharmacy and for 10 years worked for a multiple and trained pre-regs. you get more support and training days via head office, but you will get more all round experience and if you have a good tutor should fare better:

Comment

Working...
          X