Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening friends

Hello,

Could someone tell me the telephone number of the listening friends (pharmacists you can contact to tell them a prblem or anything and they help you)
    Do pharmacists have trade union what is its name pleas.

Thank you.

Re: Listening friends

Originally posted by hanah View Post
    Hello,

Could someone tell me the telephone number of the listening friends (pharmacists you can contact to tell them a prblem or anything and they help you)
    Do pharmacists have trade union what is its name pleas.

Thank you.
    Listening Friends
    The Listening Friends Scheme offers a free listening service to pharmacists suffering from stress.

The scheme is backed by the Benevolent Fund and manned by volunteers who are all pharmacists. It operates completely independently of the Society and help can be sought anonymously. The service allows any pharmacist under stress to talk to a fellow pharmacist who has received appropriate training and has particular insight into the pressures that apply in pharmacy. The service is not however restricted to work-related problems, but offers help with all causes of stress, such as family problems, illness and bereavement.

To obtain help from the Listening Friends Scheme, a pharmacist should initially telephone the scheme's automatic answering service on 020 7572 2442. Callers will be given brief details of the service and asked to leave a first name, a contact telephone number and a convenient time to call. A "Listening Friend" will then call back, normally on the evening of the same day or within 24 hours, to discuss the details of the pharmacist's problem.

Tel: 020 7572 2442

The PDA would probably be the nearest we have to a trade union. You can read about them here: -

The PDA - The Pharmacists' Defence Association - Advice Centre

Is there anything we can help you with on the forum? There are a lot of pharmacists on here who are excellent at giving advice and a listening ear to others.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Thank you very much for the details.

Comment

I wonder what will happen to the Listening Friends etc if the Society is wound up. I know the Benevolent Fund has a separate set of Trustees but if there's no-one to advertise it, encourage it, will it just run out of money and wither away.

Oh, of course, the Society "never does anything" so it won't matter.

Comment

Working...
        X