Duplicate products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate products

Had got used to realising Sporanox ordinary and Sporanox Pulse were identical. Now have Movicol and Movicol Plain. Apart from 1mg difference in quantities, have I missed something. Just increases our stockholding.
    johnep

Re: Duplicate products

Off top of head - sporanox and sporanox pulse have different product licences hence 2 different products.

Movicol Plain - I think was launched to give an unflavoured option for those who do not like the synthetic lemon/lime flavour of the standard product.

Will double check my facts later - off to locum now.
    Titch

Comment

Sporanox and Sporanox Pulse do have different licensed indications.

For the Pulse variant - the 3 licensed indications need different numbers of pulse treatments and a pulse treatment is 200mg bd for 7 days sperated from another pulse treatment by a 3 week interval.

Given the fact that scripts mainly generic and there is a generic itraconazole available - I would just give whatever was available and check the patient knows how to use and confirm with the prescriber if necessary.

Movicol Plain was launched to give an unflavoured option - think it was mention in a C+D a while ago.
      Movicol-Half is just that - half the dose of the standard, presumabley for those who find the standard too strong.
      Movicol Paed is the same as Movicol-Half but licensed for aged 2-15.

Visit Medicines if you want more info.
      Titch

Comment

Just a way of getting more stock into pharmacies. When I worked for a flavour co, used to suggest introduction of new flavour best way of increasing sales.
        johnep

Comment

one of the most pathetic strategies ive seen recently is with anadin, theyve launced a new product Anadin for joint pain which is basicly ibuprofen 200mg. the pakaging is nice and bright, so i the GSL sales for this should be quite high, i bet the atcual tablet tastes nice. pack of 48 costs about £8. think its the same value as their other ibuprofen products but imagine a pharmacist giving one of these joint pain packs to someone with headache.
          We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
            one of the most pathetic strategies ive seen recently is with anadin, theyve launced a new product Anadin for joint pain which is basicly ibuprofen 200mg. the pakaging is nice and bright, so i the GSL sales for this should be quite high, i bet the atcual tablet tastes nice. pack of 48 costs about £8. think its the same value as their other ibuprofen products but imagine a pharmacist giving one of these joint pain packs to someone with headache.
            Sometimes this is a strategy to get round the DT blacklist.
            A product has to be in the blacklist by the exact name (unless it says 'the anadin range').
            But (there's always a but with the tariff), the PPA do not recognise 'caplet' for some reason.
            47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
            2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
            X