Intervention Recording

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intervention Recording

Went to meeting where presentation by PCT on what they expected to see during a visit to a pharmacy. One of the items was 20 recorded interventions, following an audit last year. Apparently unsigned scripts count so today decided to try and record on Pharmacy Manager. Simply go to pt and click on interventions button bottom left hand side. this takes you to a wizard and then very easy. what is more, can do an anonymised report so could be done in front of PCT when they visit. The dispenser got very keen and also recorded an intervention.

Now then, how about in Compass?

Apparently the general requirements are on PSNC web site.
    johnep

Re: Intervention Recording

Easier to scribble them in a note book.

But then I'm a luddite!

Comment

i dont think compass has any facility for intervention recording. u will just have to enter it manually in paper form. yet compass has a facility to record near misses on the compass system. does not make sense that they can do one but not the other.!!!!!!!!!!!!!. a lot can be done on the computer , but some of these multiples are just making life more laborious for the pharmacist and the dispensary team.

Comment

Originally posted by narav View Post
        i dont think compass has any facility for intervention recording. u will just have to enter it manually in paper form. yet compass has a facility to record near misses on the compass system. does not make sense that they can do one but not the other.!!!!!!!!!!!!!. a lot can be done on the computer , but some of these multiples are just making life more laborious for the pharmacist and the dispensary team.

I've noticed that you can start interventions on the dispensing screen, when separately viewing the patient history or from a contraindication/caution message and an interaction message in Cegedim's Pharmacy Manager.
        If you do it from an interaction it picks up the details, as it does for a contra/caution message. If you do tools > inquiry > patient you can pick a different patient and run an intervention on them without having to abandon what you are doing. Nice to see something that helps the job along.
        47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
        2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

That sounds good will have a look if rota quiet this sunday.
          johnep

Comment

Trouble with paper recording is that no one ever knows where the records are kept, if any. I shall be writing to phm super.
            Rechecked and not possible in compass.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
              Trouble with paper recording is that no one ever knows where the records are kept, if any. I shall be writing to phm super.
              Rechecked and not possible in compass.
              johnep
              How did it go with Pharmacy Manager - did you find it all?
              How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Yep, brilliant. have written to pharm super and told him so.
                johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  Yep, brilliant. have written to pharm super and told him so.
                  johnep
                  Drop cegedim a line too - I think they did a great job on it.
                  How times change.

Comment

Working...
                  X