PPA returned scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPA returned scripts

Dispenser asked me to help with 96 scripts returned from PPA. One was three items, Prednisolone 5mg on reducing dosage, Calceos and azathioprine.

The PPA had queried each step in the dosage! Must be employing dolts.
    Every script for B/a salbutamol was returned. Also every script for metformin M/R 500mg.

even one for ear drops of neomycin/polymixin/hydrocortisone(otosporin).

We would never had these scripts returned in old days.

Agreed that unlike Pharmacy manager which gives you several endorsing options, Compass seems to do its own thing, but this this is rediculous.
    johnep

Re: PPA returned scripts

What happened to the days when a nice lady from the PPA would ring up and asked you to clarify an endorsement?!

Long gone are those days sadly.

I have always rather liked doing the resubs, strange I know, but I find it gives me an odd sense of satisfaction! I spent a good hour with last months batch, trying to work out why it had come back not once, not twice, but THREE times.

I had written practically everything apart from my inside leg measurement in the endorsement column. I finally rang up and asked for help, only to be told by the rather bland operator

"Oh yeah, thats a computer fault, it was right the first time"

GRRR

Comment

Originally posted by Petey View Post
      What happened to the days when a nice lady from the PPA would ring up and asked you to clarify an endorsement?!
      Would that be the same lady that I once spent 15 minutes on the 'phone with, trying to explain that "Cod Liver Oil capsules 294mg" and "Cod Liver oil capsules 0.32ml" are one and the same?!?
      Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
        Would that be the same lady that I once spent 15 minutes on the 'phone with, trying to explain that "Cod Liver Oil capsules 294mg" and "Cod Liver oil capsules 0.32ml" are one and the same?!?
        Would the payment have been enough to cover your time and the phone call?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Jeff
          If we costed our time properly probably not.
          Then again you could the ask "does the dispensing fee cover the time spent on a script query"?
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post

Jeff
            No, but such an argument has never stopped Lds encouraging everyone to offer MDS trays to all and sundry, so I guess my time wasn't worth that much anyway...
            As for the cost of the call: She phoned me...
            Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

its a strategy the PPA employ to minimise the amount they have to pay each month, because the resubmissions would be in next months batch and need to be paid the following month.

They love it wen they spot a prescrpition thats not been signed or dated, coz they dont have to pay you for that, and they never send these back incase you get them signed (hopefully by the doctor) and re submit these, although funnily no one come down to check on the pharmacist that they dispensed a prescrition ilegally,although most likely the prescriber did mean to prescribe these medicines, shows where the priorities in the DoH lay.
              We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

Originally posted by SolomonQ View Post
                its a strategy the PPA employ to minimise the amount they have to pay each month, because the resubmissions would be in next months batch and need to be paid the following month.
                No - new system is to send you a scanned copy of the item(s) being queried so that any other items on the script can be passed for payment. Been happening for 2 months here now. Obviously they cannot pay for an item that is being queried.

They love it wen they spot a prescrpition thats not been signed or dated, coz they dont have to pay you for that, and they never send these back incase you get them signed (hopefully by the doctor) and re submit these, although funnily no one come down to check on the pharmacist that they dispensed a prescrition ilegally,although most likely the prescriber did mean to prescribe these medicines, shows where the priorities in the DoH lay.
                I've had plenty of unsigned scripts back and resubmitted the following month.

And as for checking them - our LPC has advised contractors to stop crossing either side of the signature box to highlight the lack of signature as this draws attention to the fact that the script was not signed. One contractor has been questioned as to whether scripts were dispensed unsigned or crossed and returned for signing before dispensing - VERY DIFFICULT to prove you did the latter.
                Titch

Comment

maybe the PPA is more genrous to pharmacies in your PCT, not ours, clotimazole and hydrocortisone (1%-1%) 30g scirpts are always returned although Canestan HC is the only items that matches this. Unless im mistaken!!!
                  We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams and God damn we are that good

Comment

maybe the PPA is more genrous to pharmacies in your PCT, not ours, clotimazole and hydrocortisone (1%-1%) 30g scirpts are always returned although Canestan HC is the only items that matches this. Unless im mistaken!!!

Is there canesten-hydrocortisone as a counter pack that is the same formula?

Similar thing to the eurax-hc and eurax-hydrocortisone problem?
                    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

looking the the OTC products available I se there is one 15g pack of the same formulation but is just named canestan hydrocortisone and under description you see it is the same as canestan HC, but the one written in prescritions is always 30g.

and for those defenders of he PPA, I hope you've been reading all the atest literature PJ C+D, where major occurances of "script switching" have occured which means many prescriptions have been switched from exempt to non-exempt, and the PPA has ended up overcharging the prescrition charges due from pharmacies costing some outlets 2k.

Comment

Working...
                      X