New target to achieve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New target to achieve

From tomorrow we have to scan a bar code for each waiter and rescan when ready. Target time is 10 mins. looking forward to my first 20 item four page waiting script!.

Presumably time will progressivly reduce until we have to have script ready before patient presents.
    johnep

Re: New target to achieve

Originally posted by johnep View Post
    From tomorrow we have to scan a bar code for each waiter and rescan when ready. Target time is 10 mins. looking forward to my first 20 item four page waiting script!.

Presumably time will progressivly reduce until we have to have script ready before patient presents.
    johnep
    Oops - I seem to have dropped the barcode scanner into a bucket full of CD destruction kit stuff, never mind lets get on with those prescriptions.

Is this more head office madness? When you call head office to ask for someone tell them their target time to get back to you is 10 minutes.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

johnep
      When the company I work for brought this same system in last year it was was my concern that the data produced would be used to pressurise overworked pharmacy staff to do prescriptions quicker and quicker. IMHO a clear safety issue. On raising the matter with my area manager was assured that this would not be the case. If so why bother collecting the data.?

Must think I was born yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by ymdawd View Post
        When the company I work for brought this same system in last year it was was my concern that the data produced would be used to pressurise overworked pharmacy staff to do prescriptions quicker and quicker. IMHO a clear safety issue. On raising the matter with my area manager was assured that this would not be the case. If so why bother collecting the data.?

Must think I was born yesterday
        More than likely they will use it to shave staff to the bare minimum.

In one place I worked a while ago we were expected to watch an 8 channel CCTV system and dispense at the same time. The monitor was installed on the dispensary bench leaving around 2 feet to do all the dispensing including Nursing Homes etc. I don't go there anymore.
        How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

johnep
          What a load of utter tosh!
          Would this be a Lloyds initiative, perchance?
          Looks like I escaped in time!
          Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

When i worked for Lloyds an area manager at a meeting said to quote 1 minute per item for waiting patients

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
              When i worked for Lloyds an area manager at a meeting said to quote 1 minute per item for waiting patients
              Maybe, but one of my numerous successive area manangers also told me that making people wait 20 minutes was "not a costomer-focussed attitude to service",even if the script was for more than 20 items...
              Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Perhaps the area manager could come in and massage customers' feet while they waited. Now thats a customer focused attitude!

Comment

Report it to the NPSA as a safety issue.
                  Just dispense as normal - if you miss the target ask for more resources, ask the area manager if they are a pharmacist if they are not ask to discuss it with someone who is.

Comment

Started yesterday. If there was a queue at the till, assistant said will scan later. I said no, has to be done while other customers have to wait.
                    johnep

Comment

One of the supermarkets started monitoring wiating times yesterday too.

Not sure if it's an audit or an ongoing thing.

Made shift last night very long as never been so conscious of time - had to write time prescription complete and ready for customer on docket, so was looking at clock every few minutes.
                      Titch

Comment

Started yesterday. If there was a queue at the till, assistant said will scan later. I said no, has to be done while other customers have to wait.
                        johnep
                        How about a set of colour hoops in the dispensary for us all to jump through.
                        Could be different colours eg : PCT - Blue, Head Office Diktats - Red, Green - if you split a calendar pack etc etc.
                        Records must be kept on how many times a hoop as been jumped through, and a record of near misses must be kept. The record is to be in alphabetical order and signed by the patient, or their representative.
                        Colours will be changed in retrospect and at random. If you get behind you can take the hoops home and jump through them in the evening....
                        How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                          How about a set of colour hoops in the dispensary for us all to jump through.
                          Could be different colours eg : PCT - Blue, Head Office Diktats - Red, Green - if you split a calendar pack etc etc.
                          Records must be kept on how many times a hoop as been jumped through, and a record of near misses must be kept. The record is to be in alphabetical order and signed by the patient, or their representative.
                          Colours will be changed in retrospect and at random. If you get behind you can take the hoops home and jump through them in the evening....
                          Doing it for real might make it more enjoyable than going through the virtual hoops we do every day.

Imagine how fit we could all be - I've got a mental image of a Krypton factor style assualt course of hoops through the dispensary and stockroom!!
                          Titch

Comment

Originally posted by Titch View Post
                            Doing it for real might make it more enjoyable than going through the virtual hoops we do every day.

Imagine how fit we could all be - I've got a mental image of a Krypton factor style assualt course of hoops through the dispensary and stockroom!!
                            Just what got me going on that train of thought.
                            Every letter that we open these days brings news of new rules to follow and requirements for reporting xyz to abc so that it can be collated.

Anyone got a letter about going on to the PPA - CIP yet?
                            How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                              Anyone got a letter about going on to the PPA - CIP yet?
                              Oh yes!

Just give nearest sub pack and then don't need to sort in seperate pile.....If i've read it correctly!

Comment

Working...
                              X