Job interview help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job interview help

I'm going for a job interview on Monday for a sales asisstant at a Rowlands Pharmacy. I hope to study and become a dispensing assistant and then a Pharmacy Technician.

My last (and very first) interview didn't go too well. I think the interviewer was understaffed that day, the interview only lasted 10 minutes and she talked a lot and I couldn't get a word in edgeways

So, does anyone have any tips on how I could present myself or things I should say to make me seem more suited? Because I know I am I just have trouble showing it
    [CENTER][FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]Ha! You should have seen your face when I said I sell drugs for a living![/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Re: Job interview help

Originally posted by Cyanide View Post
    I'm going for a job interview on Monday for a sales asisstant at a Rowlands Pharmacy.
    Er - it's not in Wilsden is it?

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
      Er - it's not in Wilsden is it?

Jeff
      Hehe, no it's not

But I'm guessing you're going to one?
      [CENTER][FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]Ha! You should have seen your face when I said I sell drugs for a living![/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comment

Hehe, no it's not

But I'm guessing you're going to one?
        No - I work there a couple of days a week

Jeff

Comment

I'm going for a job interview on Monday for a sales asisstant at a Rowlands Pharmacy. I hope to study and become a dispensing assistant and then a Pharmacy Technician.

My last (and very first) interview didn't go too well. I think the interviewer was understaffed that day, the interview only lasted 10 minutes and she talked a lot and I couldn't get a word in edgeways

So, does anyone have any tips on how I could present myself or things I should say to make me seem more suited? Because I know I am I just have trouble showing it
          I'd just say do all the common things that look good at interviews: -

1. Smart dress code
          2. Firm handshake
          3. Good eye contact
          4. Show an interest in the subject
          5. Try to show you are good/friendly with people
          6. Ask 2 or 3 questions - think about them before you go in

It's all common sense really, but you'd be amazed how many people come in jeans and ask stupid questions!

Good luck!
          Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
          Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
          Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Working...
          X