Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising - Actually YES we can !!!

Victory at last!

Myself and Lindsey (locumvoice) have been attempting to get an advert in the PJ to try to attract more members to our forums, and to obviously make more pharmacists aware we actually exist. After initial refusal we have a victory. The following e-mail was received today, and the bulk of it is reproduced here.

I know that you have been disappointed about the PJ policy not to take advertisements from any organisation that we perceive to be a competitor. Yesterday, as a result of your concerns, I raised the issue at the Publishing Executive – the group that runs all RPSP activities – to which I belong.

After careful consideration we have decided to change our approach in this instance and, as a result, are happy to accept an advertisement/notice from you.

In these slightly unusual circumstances, and as a goodwill gesture, I would like to offer you a 25 per cent reduction on the normal cost of advertising.

If you prefer us to put your details on Notice-Board – which is free of charge – please let us know.

Best wishes

I wonder what made them changed their minds? They have even offered a 25% discount!

So has anybody any ideas what an advert regarding this forum should say?

I hope this shows that if you keep chipping away things can be done, and attitudes changed.

Thanks to everybody who made suggestions and offered help in this matter!
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Re: Advertising - Actually YES we can !!!

I am putting the site's addresses on all flyers for our branch meetings.

johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      I am putting the site's addresses on all flyers for our branch meetings.

johnep
      Thank you John that's great. I offered to have a section on here for my own branch, or even have a password protected section for their private use. Guess what - no reply, not even a "thanks a lot" or a "no thanks".
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.

Comment

Apathy rules OK. Just go ahead and do what you want. When I was a rep I used 'inertia' selling a great deal.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
          Apathy rules OK. Just go ahead and do what you want. When I was a rep I used 'inertia' selling a great deal.
          johnep
          Its all about the control of information and gagging dissent...
          At least we don't have the knock on the door in the middle of the night, well not yet anyway.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

<I wonder what made them changed their minds? >

That's easy.

The RPSGB/Lambeth hierarchy is staring down the barrel of a gun so to speak. They desperately needs to keep in with the people they have treated with such disdain over the years. If they fail to attract and maintain a high enough voluntary membership the RPSGB will fold. Guess who will be out of a job.?

Perhaps that had something to do with their change of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
              At least we don't have the knock on the door in the middle of the night, well not yet anyway.
              Unless you happen to be a follower of Islam.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                Unless you happen to be a follower of Islam.

Jeff
                Even if said "tongue in cheek" I find the above remark insensitive at best or at worst downright offensive. I do not regard myself as mad.

Please keep such remarks for private exchange.

Comment

I've replied off list

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by ymdawd View Post
                    <I wonder what made them changed their minds? >

That's easy.

The RPSGB/Lambeth hierarchy is staring down the barrel of a gun so to speak. They desperately needs to keep in with the people they have treated with such disdain over the years. If they fail to attract and maintain a high enough voluntary membership the RPSGB will fold. Guess who will be out of a job.?

Perhaps that had something to do with their change of mind.
                    So you reckon that happened since last week? I know what you are saying, but last week it was a firm no.

Comment

Working...
                    X