Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many will join the Voluntary Pharm Soc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many will join the Voluntary Pharm Soc?

To get some idea of the likely membership of the new Voluntary Pharm Soc, could colleagues try this link. Just for the record this is being posted on two other pharmacy discussion boards, so please only vote once.

Poll: The GPhC will be taking over regulation. Membership of the RPSGB, or its replacement professional body, will be voluntary. How likely are you to join?

Can I emphasise that this is being posted by a couple of grassroots pharmacists who are simply trying to get a grip on the probabilities, and is NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with any official body.

The Old Merlin
    Last edited by the old merlin; 31, January 2008, 10:24 AM. Reason: grammar

Re: How many will join the Voluntary Pharm Soc?

This will be my 34th year on the register of the RPSGB. Did at one point wonder if I would ever do 50 but have long lost that desire.

Would I join the voluntary rump of the RPSGB.? Absolutely not. Who will pay for their over-inflated pensions and salaries then.? Nobody.! Serves them right too as for too long their interests have come before the interests of those they were supposed to be serving. Us - the members.

Personally I would only voluntarily join a fully independant Scottish Pharmaceutical Society (just as I believe the English, Welsh and Irish should have theirs too for that matter.) I see no reason why they cannot all get together should the need arise to discuss/decide on matters of mutual concern.

After the G.Ph.C. has been formed what remains of the RPSGB should be liquidated and the proceeds invested in new representative body that will actually represent PHARMACISTS, not persecute them.

Comment

Originally posted by ymdawd View Post
      This will be my 34th year on the register of the RPSGB. Did at one point wonder if I would ever do 50 but have long lost that desire.

Would I join the voluntary rump of the RPSGB.? Absolutely not. Who will pay for their over-inflated pensions and salaries then.? Nobody.! Serves them right too as for too long their interests have come before the interests of those they were supposed to be serving. Us - the members.

Personally I would only voluntarily join a fully independant Scottish Pharmaceutical Society (just as I believe the English, Welsh and Irish should have theirs too for that matter.) I see no reason why they cannot all get together should the need arise to discuss/decide on matters of mutual concern.

After the G.Ph.C. has been formed what remains of the RPSGB should be liquidated and the proceeds invested in new representative body that will actually represent PHARMACISTS, not persecute them.
      From the latest in the PJ it seems the Soc is waking up to what it has done to itself and its members. As for staying with it when it becomes voluntary - will wait and see what it offers but not giving it any guarantees.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
        From the latest in the PJ it seems the Soc is waking up to what it has done to itself and its members. As for staying with it when it becomes voluntary - will wait and see what it offers but not giving it any guarantees.
        May well be so but tis "too little too late". The gravy train for Lambeth has STOPPED and not before time.

Comment

May well be so but tis "too little too late". The gravy train for Lambeth has STOPPED and not before time.
          Its sad though, all the opportunities missed in all those years.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
            Its sad though, all the opportunities missed in all those years.
            Yes, how very true.

Perhaps the word tragic is more appropriate.

Comment

Yes, how very true.

Perhaps the word tragic is more appropriate.
              Two interesting letters in this weeks PJ (read them on line)
              RPSGB should "get over" the Dickson case and start to represent the rank and file - ie us community pharmacists in a similar manner to the BMA etc.
              How times change.

Comment

I don't think I would join unless there was compelling new reasons to. E.g. if they could accredit pharacists to a nationally recognised level to offer certain services and PGDs, and offer genuine professional support and guidance...that is the ONLY thing that would make me join.

Somehow I doubt that they will metamorphosise in any meaningful manner.

I suspect that they will try to maintain a kind of conscription though, if they can at all get away with it... which there is a good chance they will still be able to.

Comment

I don't trust the current lot simply because I keep receiving society update through the post, which profiles the commitee in an 'avuncular' light. Propaganda on a grand scale, rather insulting my intelligence. The selfish little piglets took £200 out of my pocket to ensure they were financially secure. I will not join.

Comment

Our Society is legally required to ensure that the pensions of our staff are properly funded. No advantage to the members of the Council whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by the old merlin View Post
                      Our Society is legally required to ensure that the pensions of our staff are properly funded. No advantage to the members of the Council whatsoever.

But there is a strong suspicion that RPSGB has been run by members of the Lambeth secretariat for a long time, with Council members largely voting between the options presented to them. I think think this may be why the issue of staff pensions is such a sore one.

Comment

If there is a legal requirement to provide a pension, then why was it passed to a vote to raise fees? why did a couple of members vote against the rise if the pension was a legal requirement which couldn't be provided otherwise? That is no excuse. I would have gone without.

Comment

Working...
                        X