Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Not sure where to stick this post..!!

Can someone tell me is it safe for a person who has been diagnosed with clinical depression to work for a hospital pharmacy??

taking into account that they worked like that for a while knowing this,but have now signed themselves off work..

Re: Advice

Originally posted by Jill View Post

Can someone tell me is it safe for a person who has been diagnosed with clinical depression to work for a hospital pharmacy??

taking into account that they worked like that for a while knowing this,but have now signed themselves off work..
    It depends what state they are in, but it is hard to say.
    Let HR or Personnel sort this one out.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I do know that they suffer from anixtey attacks also..if anyone else could comment with there view please do..!!
      I personaly think it would not be right line of work surely..

Comment

Isn't that the GP's call?

Wouldn't it depend on likelihood of suicide, or are you more concerned at an inability to concentrate?

Jeff

Comment

I do know that they suffer from anixtey attacks also..if anyone else could comment with there view please do..!!
          I personaly think it would not be right line of work surely..
          I think it is proposterous to think someone with dx clinical depression cannot work in pharmacy. I work with physicians who've been diagnosed and I've been involved with their plan of care. There are many people in many professions diagnosed with depression. Many times it is situational and resolves over time versus chronic severe depression. If treated appropriately, people can function just fine. Same with anxiety, although this may show more, it shouldn't impact one's ability to function on the job. I think it would be a different story with more severe mental health diagnoses as these may impact productivity and loss from work.

Comment

Winston Churchill was running the country while depressed. Under many circumstances work is therapeutic.
            johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
              Isn't that the GP's call?

Wouldn't it depend on likelihood of suicide, or are you more concerned at an inability to concentrate?
              Jeff
              Yes the concentration involed...!!

And pharout the whole reason i ask all this on this forum is to understand ..
              Last edited by Jill; 11, January 2008, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Yes the concentration involed...!!

And pharout the whole reason i ask all this on this forum is to understand ..
                Point taken, no offense intended.

Comment

Working...
                X