enhanced services,pcts and absent pharmacists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enhanced services,pcts and absent pharmacists

Would PCTS be willing to commission enhanced services (Chlamydia testing & treatment, Minor Ailments,Palliative care & Pain management etc) if PHARMACISTS are absent from a pharmacy for upto 49% of the time? I think not

Accessibility and a healthcare professional's skills go hand in hand when it comes toservice provision....so if the Pharmacist isn't there what's the point!

We all know patients don't like to wait
    Kemzo the pharmacist forumly known as kemzero

Re: enhanced services,pcts and absent pharmacists

Originally posted by kemzero View Post
    Would PCTS be willing to commission enhanced services (Chlamydia testing & treatment, Minor Ailments,Palliative care & Pain management etc) if PHARMACISTS are absent from a pharmacy for upto 49% of the time? I think not
    Why not? They are willing to commission services that require the pharmacist to be absent from the pharmacy - e.g warfarin clinics.

Accessibility and a healthcare professional's skills go hand in hand when it comes to service provision....so if the Pharmacist isn't there what's the point!
    A structured service - with accessibility at fixed times.

We all know patients don't like to wait
    It depends what they are waiting for - and were did 49% of the time came from?

Jeff

Comment

Re: enhanced services,pcts and absent pharmacists

I think the 49% refers to the suggestion in the Responsible Pharmacist consultation document.

PCTs will commission services but the RPSGB will ensure that the pharmacy is conducted lawfully. So domicillary warfarin testing will happen in the evenings or with a second pharmacist .

We must make this point in our submissions to the DOH on "RP" that 49% of the time in the consultation room is ok but in the girlfriend's bedroom isn't!
      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Working...
      X