working hours and salary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working hours and salary

I’m unaware of UK pharmacies so I have a lot of questions...
    I know that the Lloyds has typically 45 working hours a week. Is it the same with other big chain pharmacies (Boots, Co-op, Tesco, Asda)? Does it exclude lunch? How about independent ones? How does it correlate to salaries? I suppose independent ones have a lower annual salary rate due to fewer hours in a working week, is it like that? So are the hourly rates of independent ones generally the same as compared with big chains?

Re: working hours and salary

You work what hours you want as long as you do full days. They would love you to work 100 hours. You tell them what you wnt. however, you will only get paid for what you do. If you wnt short hours, then llyoyds have branches open frpm 8.30 - 5pm with hour closed for lunch. Generally you will get 1,000 pounds per annum for each hour in a week you work, ie 45K for 45 hour week.
    up to you what you want.
    johnep

Comment

How about an independent vs a big chain pharmacy? Do they tend to have the same hourly rates generally? I was told that the salary depends on processed prescriptions more.

Comment

It is a free market economy. Rates determined by supply and demand and what the market will bear. Up to you to negotiate. stories on this list of agencies paying EU pharmacists 8gbpds`per hour but charging them out at double and above. Generally rates between 16-30pds per hr.
        johnep

Comment

C&D has just launched a salary survey. Maybe this will answer some questions?

www.chemistanddruggist.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X