Amazon entering pharmacy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon entering pharmacy

So it does seem kind of inevitable that hub and spoke model will replace the dispensing element for NHS I am guessing a handful of bricks and mortar community pharmacies will remain to serve acute prescriptions.

This makes me wonder if Amazon might decide to enter this foray when Hub and Spoke has taken hold and e-prescription becomes the norm. If you observe Amazon over the last two decade it has transcended many markets you would not normally associate with it. These include Amazon Marketplace, Amazon Publishing, Amazon Entertainment and Amazon Grocery. This company has the logistical infrastructure and financial muscle to take on Boots, Lloyds and Well and unlike the CoE regulation which prevents setting up a physical pharmacy, setting up a mail order pharmacy is relatively straightforward.

What does everyone else think?

Re: Amazon entering pharmacy

I'll get my coat. You switch the lights out.

Comment

hard to replicate the business model of the main store- when you can't upsell or dodge vat

Comment

Boots and Amazon are both highly skilled at sequestering their profits overseas to avoid paying tax.

Comment

Depends if any MPs (Ministers or otherwise) have shares in these organisations.
          Then anything is passable.
          Most of the time the internet is full of daft opinions and views that you should not take seriously let bother you at all.
          Note : If this posting contains personal views or opinions every endeavour is made to ensure they stay within social media guidelines.
          If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

This is where the young, ambitious pharmacist should e-mail Amazon and ask if they are looking for a SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
              This is where the young, ambitious pharmacist should e-mail Amazon and ask if they are looking for a SP.
              I guess if you're a sadist they make Boots, Lloyds and other multiple operators look like Ghandi!

Comment

Originally posted by Hello View Post
                Boots and Amazon are both highly skilled at sequestering their profits overseas to avoid paying tax.
                And treating all their staff with contempt, zero hours contracts, no coffe breaks, minimum wage and general did's body T&C's.

Comment

also amazon does charge for delivery !

Comment

Originally posted by mrmeds View Post
                    You can be a "Prime" customer and pay one annual fee currently £79 iirc

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                      You can be a "Prime" customer and pay one annual fee currently £79 iirc
                      precisely..... which shows that free delivery on an order where there may only be a few pounds profit isn't going to work- unless they get their own vans !

Comment

So will the other multiples when mail order pharmacy becomes the norm! Also in some departments Amazon operates at a loss so Pharmacy would be used to entice people to use its other more profitable services?

Comment

precisely..... which shows that free delivery on an order where there may only be a few pounds profit isn't going to work- unless they get their own vans !
                          Aren't they working on delivery by drone?
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le46ERPMlWU
                          [I]Nice information. I like your information very much. It is a perfect information that clears all my doubts and gives a clear idea regarding that. It is really advantageous for me.I would definably take the benefit of it.[/I]

Comment

But you get free online movies with Amazon prime as well

Comment

Originally posted by LeftArm View Post
                              Aren't they working on delivery by drone?
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le46ERPMlWU
                              Don't think it would work with 48 fortisip

Comment

Working...
                              X