Methadone quantity in mls NOT mg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methadone quantity in mls NOT mg

Take a look at the following http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publicati...06/14135703/17

and scroll down to the table near the bottom.
    The part that I was recently made aware of by a bulletin at COOP Pharmacy was the fact that a prescription for a liquid e.g. methadone has to have the total quantity in millilitres. Milligrams is NOT deemed acceptable by the Home Office. Being "not acceptable" roughly translates into "not legal" and requires the prescription to be amended. Since I was made aware of this it's surprising how many I've come across in mgs.

Re: Methadone quantity in mls NOT mg

Oh dear, hospital scripts frequently written this way and often presented OOH.
    Will take up with inspector on Tuesday when Cambridge has meeting on CD regs.
    Suggest you all copy and keep in CD reg.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      Oh dear, hospital scripts frequently written this way and often presented OOH.
      Will take up with inspector on Tuesday when Cambridge has meeting on CD regs.
      Suggest you all copy and keep in CD reg.
      johnep
      Why?
      Do you intend to refuse to dispense a CD script if the instructions are clear.

Jeff

Comment

Would this not be a "typographical error" that a pharmacist can correct without necessarily contacting the doctor as the intention is clear.
        Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
        (T. Pratchett)

Comment

Working...
        X