Health and Social Care Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health and Social Care Bill

On Welcome to PSNC- Speaking for Community Pharmacy The details of the Health and Social Care Bill have been announced. Initially the pharmacy interest was in the splitting of the Society into seperate regulatory and representative bodies.

However, I strongly suggest that everyone looks at the full proposal as published on PSNC website. The global sum is to be devolved from national to PSNC level meaning that fees may well change from PCT to PCT. It will undoubtedly allow PCTs to pay more for cognitive services and less for dispensing. Who was talking about far off "pipe dreams"?

Also there is to be government funding for "social enterprises". My own view of social enterprises is that they are well intentioned supposed "not for profit" organisations that are ripe to become the next NHS scandal. However they do provide a mechanism for providing innovation and if funding is available they will undoubtedly become useful for pharmacists wanting to provide services in a risk free new way.

It is worth a look and I would welcome everyone's comments.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Re: Health and Social Care Bill

I just wrote a really long response to this thread, and accidentally deleted the whole thing when I tried to post it!

Short version:

I definitely do not think it to be wise for PCTs to have our global sum devolved. They will cause a total postcode lottery of pharmacy services...

Comment

Originally posted by Raju View Post
      I just wrote a really long response to this thread, and accidentally deleted the whole thing when I tried to post it!

Short version:

I definitely do not think it to be wise for PCTs to have our global sum devolved. They will cause a total postcode lottery of pharmacy services...
      Raju

Just a tip - if you are doing a very long post, do it in Word etc and then copy/paste it into your forum post so you'll have a copy if you time out (30 mins).
      Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
      Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
      Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post
        The global sum is to be devolved from national to PSNC level meaning that fees may well change from PCT to PCT. It will undoubtedly allow PCTs to pay more for cognitive services and less for dispensing. Who was talking about far off "pipe dreams"?
        This reminds me of the situation in which Further Education found itself in the late 1980's/early 1990's: Local Education Authorities were told that they would now decide how to cut up the funding cake, but what they weren't told was that the cake would inevitably be smaller...
        Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Zoggite View Post
          This reminds me of the situation in which Further Education found itself in the late 1980's/early 1990's: Local Education Authorities were told that they would now decide how to cut up the funding cake, but what they weren't told was that the cake would inevitably be smaller...
          Transferring to PCT based funding.
          The thought of it gives me nightmares.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
          X