CD cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD cabinets

Is there any laws/rules regarding where you can pu a cd cabinet?

We have ordered a second one and I need to find a place to put it.

I know it has to be fixed to a wall or a floor.

Is there any guidance on this?

Re: CD cabinets

I think that the only guidance is the size and that it must be attached to wall or floor.

Other than that go for it!
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

It needs to be bolted to a solid wall or floor.
      No point having an approved cabinet and then it being ripped off the wall. Besides the last cabinet we got was so heavy that it would have fallen off a hollow wall anyway.

Comment

Where I am working at moment, CD cupd under bench next to cptr, because of my OA I have to get down onto my knees on floor and squeeze past dispensers legs to reach cupd.
        johnep

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
          I think that the only guidance is the size and that it must be attached to wall or floor.

Other than that go for it!
          Has to be attached to the wall or floor.
          It must be a solid wall, preferably external.
          Don't forget that legitimate access must meet H&S regulations, so mount it so that you can access the cupboard.
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Has to be approved by police CD officer also once fixed to said wall or floor.

Titch
            Titch

Comment

i locum in one place where the cd cabinet is in a small toilet and you have to make sure the seat is down before you unlock the door and guess what?
              in the past some stock has fallen in and gone float about
              i just wonder if anybody made a log in the cd register
              seriously, this must break so many rules and regulations so why is the multiple involved allowed to get away with it?

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                i locum in one place where the cd cabinet is in a small toilet and you have to make sure the seat is down before you unlock the door and guess what?
                i just wonder if anybody made a log in the cd register?
                What, a bona fide "Bog Log"?
                Ze genuine Article, present & perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                  i just wonder if anybody made a log in the cd register
                  seriously, this must break so many rules and regulations so why is the multiple involved allowed to get away with it?
                  Incredible.
                  How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

I've worked at one shop where the CD cabinet is down in a spooky cellar - complete with ghost according to all the staff!

I have a feelig they were puling my leg though.

Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
                    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
                    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

I regularly work in a shop where the CD cupboard is down in the cellar - then again so is the whole stockroom.

Don't think there's a ghost though!

Biggest issue is open hole in floor and stepping over it to get to tea room - surprised no H+S inspector frowned on this yet.
                      Titch

Comment

Originally posted by Titch View Post
                        I regularly work in a shop where the CD cupboard is down in the cellar - then again so is the whole stockroom.

Don't think there's a ghost though!

Biggest issue is open hole in floor and stepping over it to get to tea room - surprised no H+S inspector frowned on this yet.
                        Crazy.
                        One I worked in - at top of stairs high on the wall.
                        Just overbalance on the stepladders and you could end up seeing stars or worse at the bottom. Worse still you could drop and break the CD vial/bottle/pack on the way down and have lots of paperwork to when you regained consciousness.
                        Anyone operating from an old bank premises and using the vault?
                        How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                          Anyone operating from an old bank premises and using the vault?
                          There is a pharmacy in Hartlepool operating from an old bank premises.

Hartlepool of course is the place where the locals found a ship beached that had been part of the Spanish Armada. When they went aboard they found a monkey which they believed to be a Spanish sailor and they hanged it!

The current mayor (twice voted into office) is the Football Club mascot named Hangus the Monkey.

You probably need to work in a bank vault to be safe there!
                          http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Schofield View Post
                            There is a pharmacy in Hartlepool operating from an old bank premises.

Hartlepool of course is the place where the locals found a ship beached that had been part of the Spanish Armada. When they went aboard they found a monkey which they believed to be a Spanish sailor and they hanged it!

The current mayor (twice voted into office) is the Football Club mascot named Hangus the Monkey.

You probably need to work in a bank vault to be safe there!
                            My kind of place - vote wisely - vote monkey.
                            How times change.

Comment

Mandelson's old constituency. Having an elected mayor was his idea.
                              http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmbyj0XFUhA

Comment

Working...
                              X