CD problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD problems

There has been considerable discussion on format of CD records. In the old reg any morphine product was simply entered under morhine. with need for running totals the reg has increased enormously in size with the various different brands of morphine and patches.

yesterday went to dispense sugar free methadone and bottle sent from AAH was Rosemont brand which was light brown in colour.
    previously this part of the reg was simply sugared and sugar free. does colour
    constitute a different 'form'. with physeptone, martindale, homemade and Rosemont expansion of the methadone section will further complicate matters.

What do you think should be policy?

We have Sue Melvin coming to our branch meeting on 27th (attn Carol) and I will ask her the question, but would like your views first.
    johnep

Re: CD problems

Personally I think that SF and normal warrant a book each if we have to have a book for every make it's going to get very silly indeed.

We had a dispenser pick Zomorph 30mg SR instead of MXL the other day so we had to start a whole new booklet when the stock came in.

It's a pain in the arse.

The other problem we're having is reconciling liquid CDs. We have about 25 substance misusers which amounts to an average of 10-15 measurings a day.
    Looking at that an incorrect measure of only 1ml means about 12ml a day!
    thats 360ml a month!
    How are you supposed to reconcile that?
    Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
    pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
    eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
      Looking at that an incorrect measure of only 1ml means about 12ml a day!
      thats 360ml a month!
      How are you supposed to reconcile that?
      When reconcilling the liquids do you round down or up?
      For example "just over 3ml"
      I round down as we know that we definitely have 3ml but not 4ml.
      Our dispensing measures are to measure known quantities not unknown, as are our traditional dispensing balances.

Are the authorities really worried about the 'overage' or 'underage'.
      They are welcome to come along and measure for us if they are.

Anyway - the fun will start when you are putting liquids into MDS, as per the new system in the PJ.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Showed my boss the C&D with the liquid nomad in and he asked if it was the April 1st issue!
        Linnear MRPharmS

Foetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder: The biggest cause of brain damage and 100% preventable.

In pregnancy: 1 fag is not safe, 1 x-ray is not safe and 1 drink is not safe.

For handy pharmacy links try
        pharmacistance.co.uk

If you like my posts or letters in the journal try my books!
        eloquent-e-tales

Comment

Originally posted by Linnear View Post
          Showed my boss the C&D with the liquid nomad in and he asked if it was the April 1st issue!
          I've had a discussion with the makers and I'm meeting with them in a few weeks to learn more about it. I'm concerned, if I ask for it for Homes, that I'll be putting unreasonable burdens on our servicing pharmacists. I'm told that the hardware is no more than the tablet equivalent, but I still have a lot of concrns, for example, I wonder how you load it.

Incidentally, it's nothing to do with Nomad, as manufctured & distributed by Surgichem.

Comment

Originally posted by the old merlin View Post
            I've had a discussion with the makers and I'm meeting with them in a few weeks to learn more about it. I'm concerned, if I ask for it for Homes, that I'll be putting unreasonable burdens on our servicing pharmacists. I'm told that the hardware is no more than the tablet equivalent, but I still have a lot of concrns, for example, I wonder how you load it.

Incidentally, it's nothing to do with Nomad, as manufctured & distributed by Surgichem.
            I'm wondering how you accurately measure Lactulose into the containers.
            Traditional dispensing measures would not work - you would need one of those measuring syringes, or fill them by weight equivalent on one of those balances that you can zero once you have put on the empty container.
            How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Then you will put your hand down on a corner and set the whole lot flying with sticky lactulose everywhere.
              johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                Then you will put your hand down on a corner and set the whole lot flying with sticky lactulose everywhere.
                johnep
                Making sure they are sealed properly is going to be a problem.
                Just wait until we are required to pack methadone in them for the TTO doses.
                How times change.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post
                  Making sure they are sealed properly is going to be a problem.
                  Just wait until we are required to pack methadone in them for the TTO doses.
                  As I understand it it a quick hot seal, similar to those little UHT milk pots in restuarants. However, that raises stability issues and it's one of the areas for discussion. Knowing the pharmacist who was involved in the design, I would have expected him to have sorted that. If anyone else sees it before I do, come on here and tell us about it.

I would have thought that, in principle, they would not be suitable for methadone. I can just see clients selling them. Nicely packaged, ready for use!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the old merlin View Post
                    I would have thought that, in principle, they would not be suitable for methadone. I can just see clients selling them. Nicely packaged, ready for use!!!!
                    And the empties littering the streets of every town in the UK.
                    The would also be nice and attractive to children.
                    How times change.

Comment

Working...
                    X