what happens when a Pharmacist resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happens when a Pharmacist resigns

Hi... I am an Australian Pharmacist with lloyds pharmacy. Last year In january lloyds recruited me from Australia- They paid for 1 months hotel and my flights from Australia- I had a fixed term contract with them for 12 months and if i left within that 12 months I had to pay back flights and hotel accomodation.

I have already done over 12 months working for lloyds so If I leave I do not need to pay them back anything.

Recently I got a new job with Boots the Chemist--- when I was interviewed by them I gave them verbal intentions of me staying in the U.K to work as a pharmacist for a few more years. In the last few weeks my situation has changed slightly....I am feeling fed up with life in the U.K and earn to go home. I am hoping to give Boots 6 more months of work then head back home

I feel bad about this as I originally did plan to stay in the U,.K for a while.

In my contract with Boots I have to give 4weeks notice...

Not understanding the English and U,K culture for resignations.... has anyone got any experience of this.... I am anxious about this as my boots store only has me as sole charge pharmacist and the store was previously run on locums all the time.

Thanks any replys would be appreciated

Re: what happens when a Pharmacist resigns

If BTC sacked you, what would be your notice period? Should be in your contract. that is how much notice you also have to give. Usually one to three months.
    johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
      If BTC sacked you, what would be your notice period? Should be in your contract. that is how much notice you also have to give. Usually one to three months.
      johnep
      From my experience you only need to give the period of notice that you have agreed to in your contract. Usually you can include any outstanding holidays in your notice period.
      You don't need to say why you are leaving, but even if you are completely at odds with the management or just hate the place, it is always best to leave on good terms as you may require a reference. Also, you may need to go back at some point...

On a lighter note, the title of the posting "What happens when a Pharmacist resigns" made me go off on one of my usual tangents.

Watch out for the knockout gas hissing through the keyhole...
      You end up in "The Village"... until they find out why you resigned.
      Portmeirion - The Prisoner
      With your RPSGB registration number in your badge.
      Wonder if it as a mortar and pestle instead of a penny farthing in the pharmacy village.
      47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
      2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
      How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

What happens when pharmacists leave the register for a period and then want to return?

Comment

Originally posted by ferretmanabu View Post
          What happens when pharmacists leave the register for a period and then want to return?
          I would stay on it - easier than mess around later especially with the up can coming changes to registration being lead by GPhC
          47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
          2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
          How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Working...
          X