Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy technician registration with GPhC

Hello,
    I am a Non-EEA qualified pharmacist currently living in the UK. Considering the fact that being a Non-EEA, registering as a pharmacist here in the UK takes a minimum of two years and also I can not afford the OSPAP course cost, So, I want to register myself as a pharmacy technician with GPhC.

I went through the GPhc website to learn the complete procedure to follow.

As per my understanding, the following three requirements set by GPhC, I need to fulfill.

A) Knowledge-based qualification
    B) Competency-based qualification
    C) Professional experience

I do have the required professional experience and need to complete the other 2 requirements.

However, I need some help in understanding the above A and B. Please, someone, help me

1) What exactly the competency-based and knowledge-based qualifications are? what is the duration of these courses and do I need to go to a school or college to complete them?
    2) Do I need to be currently working in a pharmacy setting in order to complete these courses or I can self learn them?
    3) What is the minimum and maximum duration to complete them?

Please can someone help me

Regards,
    Pritam

afaik you have to do the nvq3 even if you are an overseas pharmacist for which you have to be employed in a pharmacy, it can be very difficult because the course costs about 1500 and employers are usually reluctant to enroll people into them. Have you looked at Sunderland uni for OSPAP ? they are usually cheaper than unis in the south

Comment

Working...
    X