Act exam and interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act exam and interview

Hi I have completed my act portfolio, just waiting for my exam which is next week. I was wondering if anyone had completed the exam and interview recently and could give me any advice on them?
    Thank you

Try searching the forum using the search box.
    johnep

Comment

How did your exam go? I'm just starting my portfolio now and have my exam in november. Any advice would be much appreciated xx

Comment

These posts illustrate how so many ask, but do not give. Feedback from original poster would have been useful to others. I am not fond of posters who are Me! Me! Me!.
        johnep

Comment

Hi Devine, are you doing your ACPT in community or hospital and who are you doing it through?

Comment

I'm doing it in community and it's with the npa x

Comment

Hi Devine,

I did mine in hospital so my experience may not be the same but here are my tips:

*targets and accuracy don’t mix. Patient safety first!
              *make sure you are using your portfolio building time as developing a consistent checking method.
              *make sure you stick to this method (easier said than done)
              *if you make a mistake, try not to beat yourself up about it. You’ll be a better checker from reflecting on that error.
              *your signature is going on it and it is your professional responsibility so if you’re not happy with it, don’t check it!
              *pressure will get to you at times, but you need to stick to your guns and work safely. If someone times you to check faster, tell them to either pitch in and help or do it themselves!

Exam-wise: mine was a number of stations I had to move around and accuracy check X number of items on. We were told not to worry about checking certain things, but I stuck with my checking method because deviating from it would throw me off.

I also had an interview. If you have one... patient safety, method, routine, benefits it brings to the team, patient safety, knowing your limitations, patient safety, professional responsibility, accuracy, patient safety, patient safety, patient safety!

Comment

Oh thank you so much for this. This is a really big help. I feel confident on the checking side of things it's the interview that I am worried about. This has given me loads to think about. Thank you again xx

Comment

Originally posted by Devine View Post
                  Oh thank you so much for this. This is a really big help. I feel confident on the checking side of things it's the interview that I am worried about. This has given me loads to think about. Thank you again xx
                  Let us know how it went. I'm starting this course so I'm extra interested!

Comment

Working...
                  X