Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community vs Hospital

Hi all
    I’m moving to Scotland and starting a new job at a hospital pharmacy.
    Its a large general hospital so quite busy which I’m really looking forward to (I currently work in a small village which is very quiet! Lucky for some, right!!) but I’m concerned that I’ve worked in community for going on 11 years now and I won’t know where to start once I join the hospital team!! If anyone has any hints and tips for me I would be super grateful

We have been asked several times for help with interviews. Search the forum using the search box and this may give you some idea.
    johnep

Comment

Grab a copy of the mini Oxford medical dictionary. Really useful for medical result interpretation. CPPE courses on clinical checks and interactions are great too.

Best of luck!!!
      I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

It's completely different. Go into it in the frame of mind that community and hospital are two very separate jobs. In Community, you deal with people/patients and hand-held Rx and your boss is usually the pharmacist. In the hospital, there are no people/patients to deal with (unless you qualify to go up on the wards, but that can take five years if you're not already an ACT) and the Rx are usually read straight from the computer and the medicine picked via a robot, and your boss will more than likely be a technician. For me, it was too different and I went back to community. Good luck!

Comment

Easiest thing is to forget 99% of what you know about community pharmacy. They are two completely different animals

Comment

Working...
          X