Isolators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isolators

Hey so I’ve got a question to do with isolators - having never used one I’m in need of some help.
    The question asks ‘how do you clean a isolator’
    I’ve looked online and I have watched some YouTube videos but I’m still a little unsure. I have read the material supplied but can’t seem to see any answers.
    Many help would be great thank you

Hi, I think the cleaning procedure would depend on the grade of the isolators being cleaned.

Comment

That’s what I thought. But looking at the question again it doesn’t state this. It just says ‘ Describe the cleaning procedure that would need to take place in order to ensure that an isolator is suitable prior to the manufacture of medicines. Explain why these procedures need to take place.’

Comment

I’m sure I put, it would depend on the grade of the isolator to be cleaned, with clear documentation and sops to reflect the cleaning routine. Importance being contamination if not cleaned properly would effect the final product. Or something to that effect

Comment

Thank you soo much! Maybe I am just over thinking the question - I always seem to think it must be a complex answer !

Comment

That’s was my problem always over thinking. You must be nearly finished? good luck with the rest!

Comment

I am on the same final assessment, and I am always reading too much into the questions!!!

Comment

Gosh! I am not at all sure what an Isolator is. Must have a google and check utube.

johnep

Comment

Originally posted by johnep View Post
                  Gosh! I am not at all sure what an Isolator is. Must have a google and check utube.

johnep

Comment

Hello an isolator for the preparation and manufacturing of cytotoxics.Yes you are over thinking it.Simply spray all inside with ims spray wearing gloves and mask.Cleaning of all trays with the same ims spray.Basically its about non touch technique, maybe if you google that first?the reason we do this is then obvious.Hope that helps.I worked in aseptics on a daily basis reconstituting cytoxics and mycophenolate infusions and this is how i cleaned the isolator, before and after use.

Comment

Ah! thanks we used to call this an aseptic cupboard for use in microbiology and the first radio pharmaceuticals.
                      johnep

Comment

Hi, I worked in a hospital production unit and prepared sterile (TPNs & CIVAS), non-sterile and cytotoxic products. Cleaning procedure is essentially the same for most isolators as stated above. IMS (Industrial methylated spirit) spraying of all component elements whilst wearing surgical masks and gloves. Aseptic technique should be adopted at all times (minimal contact time). To ensure cleanliness of aseptic environments, agar plates are put down each month and sent to microbiology/ QC lab for further analysis. If plates show any sort of microbial growth, all cleaning procedures are undertaken again. Hope this helps.

Comment

Sorry, also forgot to mention you have to use fibre-free cloths which have also been previously sterilised to obviously prevent fibre-shedding and prevent possible contamination of any prepared products.

Comment

Working...
                          X