Vaping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaping

Hi! Can anyone recommend any reliable sources of information that I can use to find out more about vaping and the devices used?
    I am going to a smoking cessation training day and I would like to find out as much as I can as I have never smoked or vaped in my life!
    Also, I have to do some case studies so if anyone out there vapes, I would like your experiences about why you vape and how you came to start doing so.
    Any help is appreciated very much!

Originally posted by Secret squirrel View Post
    Hi! Can anyone recommend any reliable sources of information that I can use to find out more about vaping and the devices used?
    I am going to a smoking cessation training day and I would like to find out as much as I can as I have never smoked or vaped in my life!
    Also, I have to do some case studies so if anyone out there vapes, I would like your experiences about why you vape and how you came to start doing so.
    Any help is appreciated very much!
    FWIW : Second hand vape is awful.
    I sat next to someone who was doing this and got a whiff of the vape. It made my heart pound.
    Beyond trying a puff off a cigarette in 1968 I have never smoked in my life.
    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

When I did smoking cessation vaping was just coming into fashion. They taught us that vaping is considered better than smoking but shouldn't be recommended or used as a crutch because in reality we don't know the long term effects. Also because it tastes nice, doesn't smell smoky, and you can wear it around your neck you are more likely to do it in situations where you wouldn't smoke - meaning they become even more addicted to nicotine than they were on cigarettes, which then becomes even harder to quit. Vapers will get a non smoker level co reading, so will show as successful "quitters" but they are still addicted to nicotine.

Comment

Originally posted by hazeleyes View Post
        When I did smoking cessation vaping was just coming into fashion. They taught us that vaping is considered better than smoking but shouldn't be recommended or used as a crutch because in reality we don't know the long term effects. Also because it tastes nice, doesn't smell smoky, and you can wear it around your neck you are more likely to do it in situations where you wouldn't smoke - meaning they become even more addicted to nicotine than they were on cigarettes, which then becomes even harder to quit. Vapers will get a non smoker level co reading, so will show as successful "quitters" but they are still addicted to nicotine.

Same, of course, goes for chewing gum, patches, etc.

I have been told that hypnotherapy can help a great deal but the results are variable.

I gave up smoking (never a strong addiction for me) around the turn of this century.

I bought a packet of cigarettes, smoked one and somehow managed to lose the rest.

Never bought any since and don't miss it.

I believe it's called evasive amnesia, in other words I didn't want to smoke.

So to give up smokes/nicotine find something else that fulfills the want but is not harmful.

Comment

When I was 17, I had a pipe and smoked Ringers A!. To keep the tobacco moist I was advised to put a slice of potato in the tin. I only smoked when in company. so I lit the pipe and the taste was awful. On examining the tobacco, it had gone mouldy. I kicked the pipe down the gutter and that was that.
          johnep

Comment

Thanks so much to you all for your help. I have a lot of information to get me started!

Comment

I went to a seminar at Cancer Research UK a number of years ago where they were trying to persuade local authorities to support and even fund e-cigarettes as part of their smoking cessation services. There's a ton of info on their website.

Just google CRUK Vaping. (I would post the URL but not too sure if it's allowed in the forum rules)
              I remember when a blog was an individual boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrec View Post
                I went to a seminar at Cancer Research UK a number of years ago where they were trying to persuade local authorities to support and even fund e-cigarettes as part of their smoking cessation services. There's a ton of info on their website.

Just google CRUK Vaping. (I would post the URL but not too sure if it's allowed in the forum rules)
                Thanks for that. I will certainly have a look!

Comment

Working...
                X