Community pharmacy technician rates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Community pharmacy technician rates

Hi! Can anyone tell me if £8.75 is a good hourly rate or should I try and negotiate?
    I have sent off my registration application to the GPhC but I have yet to receive confirmation that I have been successful.
    Thanks.

Not a tech but to me it seems really poor - minimum wage kind of rate. I’m sure they can give u more maybe negotiate by couple of pounds. if not negotiate to complete your act course and then once you get it ask for rise and if they don’t give it find another job

Comment

It's not a good hourly rate at all. The better paid dispensers in the world of pharmacy get paid that. I know of dispensers on £8.50-£8.75, unfortunately guessing that where you are coming from the healthcare assistants are on £7.83 an hour and dispensers on £7.93 per hour?

Even if it were a good hourly rate, you should try and negotiate.

Comment

Hmmm negotiate! I'm a trainee tech and get more than that, still on dispensers rate, they've taken the time and money to get you trained I'm sure they wouldn't want to lose you to a higher paid job elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by mcitr View Post
          It's not a good hourly rate at all. The better paid dispensers in the world of pharmacy get paid that. I know of dispensers on £8.50-£8.75, unfortunately guessing that where you are coming from the healthcare assistants are on £7.83 an hour and dispensers on £7.93 per hour?

Even if it were a good hourly rate, you should try and negotiate.
          Thanks everyone for your time! The hourly rate that I got was £8.15 am hour and the assistants are about £7.60ish.
          I feel like this has been a right kick in the teeth and I wasted 2 years of my life for an extra 60p an hour!
          I will try my best to negotiate a better rate now that I have a rough idea of what to ask for.

Comment

You could always try to move to hospital, there you would get £10.30 an hour and there are always willing to train if you have no hospital experience, and I'd say more enjoyable work.

Comment

I heard that multiples are reluctant to encourage NVQ3s as staff likely to leave for more congenial and higher paid work in a hospital.
              johnep

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I am working for a small community independent. I used to work for Boots but I did not get the opportunity to go for this so I would be interested to know what the rate roughly is. It would give me the chance to be prepared to see what I v

Comment

Could ask for. Posted the other bit to quickly!

Comment

I get 9.75 in an independent pharmacy. The multiple where I worked was only 8.15 and why I left, I went to the hospital which paid VERY well, but it's very different from community and I didn't like it at all. More like a factory than a pharmacy

Comment

Working...
                    X