Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ACT locum folk out there?

Hi peeps,

Been offered a chance today to go from community ACT to locum ACT and just wondered if anyone was also doing this or knew anyone with experience in this field.
    Obviously I've worked with numerous locum pharmacists in my years so know a little about how it all works but would be great to chat with someone in a similar situation.
    In this current community climate would you jump ship & try locum work? (prob in hospital which I have previous experience)

Nikki

Originally posted by nikki2609 View Post
    Hi peeps,

Been offered a chance today to go from community ACT to locum ACT and just wondered if anyone was also doing this or knew anyone with experience in this field.
    Obviously I've worked with numerous locum pharmacists in my years so know a little about how it all works but would be great to chat with someone in a similar situation.
    In this current community climate would you jump ship & try locum work? (prob in hospital which I have previous experience)

Nikki
    Nikki

I've worked as a pharmacist locum for years but never worked with a locum ACT. The advantages of being self employed are the same for everyone, less tax, freedom to choose more etc. The disadvantages are the same too, not much security, unpaid holidays etc. If I were you I'd give it a try for say a day a week to start with and see what it's like. If the money and opportunities are out there it may be a great move.
    Lively debate is encouraged but please respect the opinions and feelings of others.
    Please help keep the forum vibrant by spreading the work to friends and colleagues via word of mouth or social media.
    Thank you for contributing to this site.

Comment

Be prepared to travel.
      johnep

Comment

Thanks,

having a real big think, all sounds a bit too good to be true if I'm honest with myself.
        Definitely going to try an odd day to get experience & take it from there.

Xx

Comment

Please fill us (me) in once you've experienced it because this is something I'd like to try as well.

Comment

Did you locum the end? I've been looking into it recently and think it could be a possibility.

Comment

Morning, I didn’t do it in the end.
              The uncertainty of shifts and travel kind of put me off.
              I’m actually due to have a break from pharmacy for a while. Re-evaluate after 12 years, it’s not the same as it was.
              Good luck in whatever you decide

Comment

Morning, I didn’t do it in the end.
                The uncertainty of shifts and travel kind of put me off.
                I’m actually due to have a break from pharmacy for a while. Re-evaluate after 12 years, it’s not the same as it was.
                Good luck in whatever you decide
                Not sure if it is good to hear that ACTs are evaluating their choice of career as well as pharmacists.
                Thought it shows that pharmacy has taken a wrong turning somewhere along the route.
                47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharmanaut View Post

Not sure if it is good to hear that ACTs are evaluating their choice of career as well as pharmacists.
                  Thought it shows that pharmacy has taken a wrong turning somewhere along the route.
                  Its not a good sign is it? All that hard work to get where we have only to walk away and start again.
                  Only one shift left then I’m done. Just need someone to tell me I’m doing the right thing!!

Comment

Its not a good sign is it? All that hard work to get where we have only to walk away and start again.
                    Only one shift left then I’m done. Just need someone to tell me I’m doing the right thing!!
                    If it gives you a better work/life balance it can't be the wrong thing.
                    We have heard stories about there being a world just outside the shop door full of wonders and excitement.
                    47 BC : Julius Cesar : Veni Vidi Vici : I came, I saw I conquered.
                    2018 AD : Modern Man : I shopped, I clicked, I collected.
                    How times change.

If you find you have read something that has upset or offended you an anyway please unread it at once.

Comment

Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X